Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

21 Pages«<1415161718>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smitchell0269  
#151 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 5:32:15 AM(UTC)
smitchell0269

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The numbers you posted not even close to a valid error codes listed in the Tech sheet.

The first thing I would do is measure the voltage at the range wall outlet and at the control board. It suppose to be 240 VAC at the outlet and 120 VAC between P4-1 (white wire) and P4-3 (black wire). Make sure the black wire is hot and the white wire is neutral.

If the voltage reads OK, try to set the clock and use the Bake and Broil. Post the results.

Gene.

Thanks Gene, I'll give that a try.
Gene  
#152 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 11:34:46 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: smitchell0269 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Gene, I'll give that a try.

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Charles Hodges  
#153 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 6:50:44 AM(UTC)
Charles Hodges

thanks for your assistance
Originally Posted by: Admin / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
When your oven is flashing an error code, it usually means something specific, for example F3 usually stands for a faulty oven sensor. To help you identify what each code means, we have put together a list of oven error codes (or fault codes, as they're called). Once you know which component has failed, simply enter your appliance model number in our part search, find and order the part, and we'll take it from there. If it says that your part is in stock, you can expect to get it in just a few days, usually within 1-2 business days.

F1 error code usually means that either the touch pad or the clock (ERC) is bad. It's simple if your model incorporates both as a single assembly - replace the clock/touch pad, problem's solved. But, when the touch pad is a separate component from the clock, how do you tell which of the two has failed, without having to replace both? Well, we have a simple test that can show you whether it's the clock (ERC) or the touch pad (membrane switch) that needs to be replaced. The test is available on the error code page right below the list of brands.

If you have additional questions, please click on the "POST NEW TOPIC" button on the previous page to post your question.
eviejohn  
#154 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:03:38 AM(UTC)
eviejohn

When your oven is flashing an error code, it usually means something specific, for example F3 usually stands for a faulty oven sensor. To help you identify what each code means, we have put together a list of oven error codes (or fault codes, as they're called). Once you know which component has failed, simply enter your appliance model number in our part search, find and order the part, and we'll take it from there. If it says that your part is in stock, you can expect to get it in just a few days, usually within 1-2 business days.

F1 error code usually means that either the touch pad or the clock (ERC) is bad. It's simple if your model incorporates both as a single assembly - replace the clock/touch pad, problem's solved. But, when the touch pad is a separate component from the clock, how do you tell which of the two has failed, without having to replace both? Well, we have a simple test that can show you whether it's the clock (ERC) or the touch pad (membrane switch) that needs to be replaced. The test is available on the error code page right below the list of brands.

If you have additional questions, please click on the "POST NEW TOPIC" button on the previous page to post your question.

I have a whirlpool slide in stove with the accubake sstem about 5 years old. The control panel displays PF . I had a repair man look at it and said I need a new panel , $300 + some $ .He also said I can install one my self if I can find the part. Where can I find this part and is it called a control panel sensor?
Gene  
#155 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:18:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eviejohn Go to Quoted Post
I have a whirlpool slide in stove with the accubake sstem about 5 years old. The control panel displays PF . I had a repair man look at it and said I need a new panel , $300 + some $ .He also said I can install one my self if I can find the part. Where can I find this part and is it called a control panel sensor?

What is the complete model number of the range?

Gene.
M.Kov17  
#156 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 7:03:53 AM(UTC)
M.Kov17

Not sure if it's your control panel thats broken?

Try looking it up at

Fix Your Board dot Com / Techzone dot html

The guys at FIX YOUR BOARD repair oven contol boards--
Especially boards that are No Longer Available OR ARE ON BACK ORDER FOR MONTHS.

THEY PROVIDE A 2 YEAR WARRANTY THAT BACKS THEIR WORK AND THEY HAVE A TURN AROUND TIME OF LESS THAN A FEW DAYS!

Take a look at their website, or Give them a call at 5123551108 !

FIX YOUR BOARD DOT COM <<< without the spaces!
M.Kov17  
#157 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 7:11:15 AM(UTC)
M.Kov17

google Fix Your Board

These guys repair oven control boards-- they back their work with a 2 year warranty, and have a quick turn around time .
Jefflaur1  
#158 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 2:58:04 PM(UTC)
Jefflaur1

Pat,

Frigidaire has recently come out with new error codes, including F13. We'll update our code page shortly.

F13 stands for "Bad EEPROM Identification/Checksum error". If power cycling does not help, replace the electronic oven control. You can enter your oven model number here Appliance Parts search by model or part number | AppliancePartsPros.com and see price and availability for the control.

Hope this helps.

Is there a sheet that describes how to access that EOC? I have ordered the new part, but would like to know the steps to replace it. Email me direct if you like at: Jeff@jefflaurence.com
luapp  
#159 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:12:48 PM(UTC)
luapp

After a wasted service call, I replaced the control unit and two temperature probes. Each part replacement was very simple and seemed to fix the problem, but inevitably the code would reappear, sometimes in hours or days, sometimes in a couple months. Other than the error code, the oven and stove top worked fine, so we were unwilling to toss it out and buy a new one. So, in desperation, I simply moved the oven away from the wall about 1-1/2" to ensure that heat did not build up in the top of the stove where the controls are located. We have not had a single F1 error in more than 6 months. I am convinced that this is the source of the continuing problems we experienced and that any transient malfunctioning of the parts was due to heat buildup.
cdm1426  
#160 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:53:23 AM(UTC)
cdm1426

Im getting an error code F20 on my control panel when I try to turn the oven on What could it be?
It's a frigidair range oven m# PLES389ECC
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply