Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
von.ahouse@hotmail.com  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 8:46:57 AM(UTC)
von.ahouse@hotmail.com

Groups: Registered

Stumped! I inadvertently hit the "clean" button (didn't have my glasses on). When I realized what I had done, I started pushing buttons to turn the feature off. Anyway, I opened the door before it had a chance to lock, and the lock engaged. I now have a door that won't close because the lock is engaged, and I can't get it to un-engage. I tried a reset (turning it off at the panel for a minute or so)(no luck). Someone mentioned leaving it off for "a couple of hours", so that's where I am now. Been turned off for about an hour now. I found this forum, so I thought I'd "seek professional help" :) Any quick fixes? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:37:42 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
There should be a door switch on the oven near the top, left of the opening. If you depress the switch with your finger, you should be able to cancel the oven cleaning cycle and the door lock should unlock. You might have to run it again to get it to unlock.

I hope you didn't bend the door lock arm.
von.ahouse@hotmail.com  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2017 10:56:54 AM(UTC)
von.ahouse@hotmail.com

Groups: Registered

Thanks. Tried that. Right now, the screen is showing “LOC”, and the “door locked” is illuminated below the time. Owners manual says that I have to wait (an hour or so) for the oven to cool and the lock to disengage. I have the door closed on a small block of wood that’s keeping that button you mentioned pushed in. Hoping this works. This actually happened last night, so I’ve been looking for solutions all day. I guess I’ll call “tech support “ tomorrow if I can’t rectify it sooner.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply