Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jswim788  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:30:12 AM(UTC)
jswim788

Groups: Registered

I've got a GE double oven that is flashing the door locked message and is locked but I can't get it unlocked. I'm ready to give up on it and buy another, but the access screws to remove the oven are of course behind the upper door that is locked. So I'm going to have to take a big pry bar to get it out if I can't find another way.

I tried turning off the power for a long time, running a self clean cycle for 3 hours, and trying to get it to bake for a period of time. None of that worked, it is still locked. The heating element does not come on during any of this. And again, there is no access to the control panel in it because the door is blocking me from getting to the screws to take it apart. The lower oven continues to work. Also, the fan behind the control panel is continuously running. I'm pretty sure the control panel is busted (I'm on the second or third of it), but I can't get to it to replace it!

Is the pry bar my only option? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.