Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<2021222324>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#211 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2010 2:29:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: santercola Go to Quoted Post
I woke up today to the infamous clicking noise on my GE refrigerator.
Model #GDS20SBSBSS Serial # TL053203

Can you tell me if the control board is covered under a GE warranty?
I purchased this in Feb 2007.
Thank You.

No, we do not have such warranty information. You have to call GE customer relations.

Gene.
bphilpot  
#212 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 7:00:13 PM(UTC)
bphilpot

Groups: Registered

My GE refrigerator is clicking every couple of minutes, sound coming from the panel on the back that says technicians only. It is no longer staying cold. Food gone bad... :-(
Model #PFS22SISBSS Serial # TH042859

I called GE and scheduled a visit from a technician.
I purchased this in October 2005.
Can you tell me if I am covered under the 3-5 years old so they will fix it for $100?

Also, can you tell me if leaving it plugged in is a good or bad idea? Not sure if letting it click away for three days until the technicain comes is maybe not such a good thing.

Thank So Much For Your Help/Advice.
wilk4  
#213 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:37:15 PM(UTC)
wilk4

I've got a GE frig model: GSH25JFRFCC with the clicking problem, though now it's not cooling either. I had a tech visit who said the computer bd needed to replaced and that it'd be about $430 for the part.

Seems online that many people are having trouble with this board and that there is a GE replacement program? Can you of you with access to that check to see if my model is covered?

Is there somewhere that says what board PN's are valid replacements for mine? A number of sites seem to recommend WR55X10942 but I don't have anything to confirm that it'll work for my frig model. Where would I be able to confirm that?

My board says WKKT model no: 0158-00-04. Also has GEA no: 200D4854G013.

I'd love to find this for less than $430, and it looks like these other boards are more like 120-150, but I need to know what would really work.

thanks!!!
jeff
Gene  
#214 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:58:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: wilk4 Go to Quoted Post
I've got a GE frig model: GSH25JFRFCC with the clicking problem, though now it's not cooling either. I had a tech visit who said the computer bd needed to replaced and that it'd be about $430 for the part.

Seems online that many people are having trouble with this board and that there is a GE replacement program? Can you of you with access to that check to see if my model is covered?

Is there somewhere that says what board PN's are valid replacements for mine? A number of sites seem to recommend WR55X10942 but I don't have anything to confirm that it'll work for my frig model. Where would I be able to confirm that?

My board says WKKT model no: 0158-00-04. Also has GEA no: 200D4854G013.

I'd love to find this for less than $430, and it looks like these other boards are more like 120-150, but I need to know what would really work.

thanks!!!
jeff

Jeff,

Let me explain how to use this web site. It can save your time and money.

Scroll this page up all the way to the top and click on the "Home" tab. On the "Home" page type the model number of your refrigerator into the search box and after you'll click on the "Search" button, the new page with all diagrams for this model will open. Scroll down the menu on the left to the diagram# 8 and you will see on the diagram the control board with the reference number 801. Scroll down the parts list to this number. This is definitely the correct part number because it came up by the model number you typed in and as you can see the cost for this part is just $134.95

- The main control board Part number: AP4436216
Part number: AP4436216

Gene.

P.S. At this time you can order the part by clicking on the part number or the picture.

P.P.S. GE part number WR55X10942 is Appliance Parts Pros part number AP4436216.
I-Hate-registering  
#215 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 2:54:06 PM(UTC)
I-Hate-registering

Canadian here - Ive read 99% of this thread

1 we have 120v here just like you yanks ( not 240 V as a poster assumed)
2 we drive on the same side of the road
3 we like our beer cold too.

I have a POS GE fridge - with the dreaded clicking sound - I already replaced the failed condensor fan

I was wondering if by looking at the model serial # one could could tell the age of the fridge ? ( we brought the house in 09 and the appliences came with the house - likely during the kitchen reno that was done

GE bottom freezer top fridge - no ice maker installed

model # PDS22MBSABB S/N # RH042618

I think I'm going for the capacitor replacement mentioned - I dislike paying 200+ for a board - we Canadians get hosed on parts $$
Gene  
#216 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2010 5:33:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: I-Hate-registering Go to Quoted Post
Canadian here - Ive read 99% of this thread

1 we have 120v here just like you yanks ( not 240 V as a poster assumed)
2 we drive on the same side of the road
3 we like our beer cold too.

I have a POS GE fridge - with the dreaded clicking sound - I already replaced the failed condensor fan

I was wondering if by looking at the model serial # one could could tell the age of the fridge ? ( we brought the house in 09 and the appliences came with the house - likely during the kitchen reno that was done

GE bottom freezer top fridge - no ice maker installed

model # PDS22MBSABB S/N # RH042618

I think I'm going for the capacitor replacement mentioned - I dislike paying 200+ for a board - we Canadians get hosed on parts $$

Your refrigerator was made in August 1993 or in August 2005.

I wish you to save some $$$ but statistics shows the main control board as a culprit in most cases. Appliance Parts Pros sell it now for just $134.95 instead of "200+" somewhere else.

- The main control board Part number: AP4436216
mpgriffin95  
#217 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 4:31:29 AM(UTC)
mpgriffin95

Hey everyone, GE Refrigerator (GDS20SBSASS) was clicking like for about a month every so often but fridge was still cold. Then it stopped cooling. The click was coming from the Main Control Board. Bought and installed new board--magic--everything worked great for 1 day. Came home from work and there was a loud buzzing noise from the back and fridge just starting not to cool but freezer was not cold at all. Turn freezer dial to 0 and buzzing stopped.

1) What in the freezer is not working? Whatever it is, it probably caused the main board to go.

Thanks,
Marc

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...rator.html#ixzz13T1o5mMV
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Gene  
#218 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:02:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Marc,

Remove the relay and the overload from the compressor and test the compressor as described in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...not-cool.html#post281680

If the compressor is fine, replace the PTC relay and the overload.

- The overload Part number: AP3796033
mpgriffin95  
#219 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:31:10 PM(UTC)
mpgriffin95

Hey Gene,
thanks. Its funny your advice on the clicking (relay) with other's earlier got me to this site. I just wanted to double check since I swapped out the board. I'll take it up tonight.
Thanks for the advice,
Marc
Gene  
#220 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:53:05 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Marc. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply