Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<2526272829>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#261 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:09:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome.

You may want to verify if the oven is set to read the temperature in Fahrenheit and not in Celsius. It is possible you did it accidentally while trying to adjust the oven cavity size. The Owners manual will help you to find out the proper adjustments.

Gene.
ac04  
#262 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:58:40 AM(UTC)
ac04

Groups: Registered

Hello Gene

In regards my oven Model Number GBD307PDS09, Serial # XR3400838, color Stainless steel with Black trim, I have posted before about error code F2 E6. Generally I am able to press some buttons, it clears and I go back to using the oven. Took your advice about the eraser to the ribbon on the control Panel around Dec. 2012. My oven has been working perfectly since. Until today. The display is completley blank, no error code. The buttons beep when pressed but the oven will not come on, I flipped the breaker and still no dice.

Probably time to throw in the towel and replace the Control Panel and/or Control Board. Just thought I would check in for your well respected advice.

Thanks
Gene  
#263 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:21:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

Open the control panel and check the low voltage transformer for continuity. The normal readings suppose to be: primary winding P16-5 (Red) to P16-7 (Red) - 75&#937; to 95&#937;; secondary winding P16-2 (Blue) to P16-3 (Blue) - < 1&#937;.

If the readings are incorrect, replace the transformer.

If the readings are correct, replace the control board.

- The low voltage transformer Part number: 9760587
Part number: 9760587

- The control board Part number: W10406070
Part number: W10406070

Gene.
Staceysmith  
#264 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:23:29 PM(UTC)
Staceysmith

by the way, i also own the same model Owen troubling the very similar lag by the ill functioning .. and, once, i run the same code has been suggested here from the time back in past .. it is not turning out to me
mpau0516  
#265 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:10:05 PM(UTC)
mpau0516

I had the same problem. All I did was to clean the probe (located at the upper center of the back of the oven), and then ran it through a cleaning cycle. Works good as new now!
Citizen  
#266 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2013 6:25:19 PM(UTC)
Citizen

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the transformer is good.

Do not plug the transformer back into the board.

Power up the oven and check if there is 120VAC between the terminals P16-5 and P16-7 (where the red transformer wires go).

If there is no 120VAC then the control board has to be replaced but there is a chance the control panel is bad too (according to the error code you posted).

- The part number for the control board is AP3767567

In order to provide the right part number for the control panel I need the color of it.

Gene.

I have same issues, but think it's from being dirty. No lightning strikes. I have Whirlpool Dbl wall oven model# RBD305PDS12 - installed 2002. It is black. I also get E6 F2 code with blank screen at times and beeps when it goes out. How can I get to see the service manual for this one. My husband can get the trim off, but has not exposed the control board yet. He would like to see the service manual. From an earlier post, it sounded like I can use rubbing alcohol to get grease off some of the components, but which ones? I can see electrical wires through the grate and they are tacky. Please advise. Thanks!
Twoods5244  
#267 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 6:58:57 AM(UTC)
Twoods5244

Model Number: GBD277PRS00
Brand: Whirlpool

I'm also getting an E6 F2 error code with intermittent beeping and blank keypad. I have cut the power multiple times to reset the unit with some success. However, it keeps coming back. I removed the "control panel" and unplugged the ribbon. I turned the unit back on with the control panel ribbon unplugged and got an E1 F2 error code. Does this mean the control panel/keypad is bad or do I need to replace the control board (I don't think the control board is made anymore?but I see some companies offering to refurbish the control board if I mail it in. Anyone have any experience with this service?). Help please
mpau0516  
#268 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 8:21:54 AM(UTC)
mpau0516

Originally Posted by: Twoods5244 Go to Quoted Post
Model Number: GBD277PRS00
Brand: Whirlpool

I'm also getting an E6 F2 error code with intermittent beeping and blank keypad. I have cut the power multiple times to reset the unit with some success. However, it keeps coming back. I removed the "control panel" and unplugged the ribbon. I turned the unit back on with the control panel ribbon unplugged and got an E1 F2 error code. Does this mean the control panel/keypad is bad or do I need to replace the control board (I don't think the control board is made anymore?but I see some companies offering to refurbish the control board if I mail it in. Anyone have any experience with this service?). Help please

We replaced the control board with a new one (replacement part). The front panel needed replacement also, because the replacement part has to line up with the front panel. old front panel and new control board wont line up. The error is the temp control rod. Clean it first. if that doesn't fix it, it could be anything, as the error is ambiguous. Our problem started with that error. Then we cleaned the oven and rod, and now the oven goes on for a minute, and then shuts off. We replaced every unit/part, except the internal board under the burners ($200), and them temp sensor ($18). guess which one gets replaced first. Cleaning the rod will get rid of the error.
Twoods5244  
#269 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2014 12:59:55 PM(UTC)
Twoods5244

You fixed the E6 F2 error code by cleaning the temperature control rod? Where exactly is it located?
Citizen  
#270 Posted : Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:00:11 PM(UTC)
Citizen

Gene - Can you tell us how to get a pdf of the manual for our Whirlpool Dbl Oven, Model RBD305PDS12? We would like to see how the panel parts go together and find out what part number we need. We have the E6 F2 codes. The breaker was turned off for about a half hour after which the time and everything worked for a couple of weeks. Now the codes are back! We switched the breaker off again and when we turned it back on it beeped and panel was black. After a while it beeped again and the same error code came back. Please help! Thanks, Citizen
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply