Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<2324252627>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#241 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:57:46 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: enaudrellim Go to Quoted Post
I Also Have A Whirlpool Range/ Oven Kicking Out The Same Codes. I Di As Posted And The Codes Came Back. I Installed A New Control Panel And The Same Codes Come Back. Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions?

What is the complete model number of the oven?

What is the part number of the control panel you installed?

Gene.
ac04  
#242 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:37:34 AM(UTC)
ac04

Groups: Registered

Gene, first off thanks for posting and helping so many people. It is really appreciated.

I have a Whirlpool Gold Double Wall Oven.

Model Number GBD307PDS09, Serial # XR3400838

I think this thread relates to my issue, but my issue might be slightly different. Also worth noting, The oven was installed in October 2004. The Mother Board and the control panel display have been replaced roughly 4 years ago as my wife was running the self cleaning cycle every other month. She never uses this cycle since these parts were replaced.

Over the past couple of months, I hear some beeps and the display goes blank. I can push buttons and they beep but there is no display. The oven Light will go on. Anywhere from a few hours to a day or 2 goes by, I hear some beeps and the display either comes back on or throws the E6 F2 error code. I can push any button and the error disappears and the oven is fully functional again. And the cycle repeats it self. We can go months without issue, then all of the sudden the issue cycles through over a period of weeks and repeats again.

I thought maybe there was a loose connection so I took the control panel off, used an eraser on the magnetic tape like you suggested earlier. I also made sure the connections to the Control Board were all connected.

Everything is reconnected and the power is on, but the control panel is still blank. This probably needs to be replaced but thought I would check with you first to see if I should check anything else. (Note too, this was a major accomplishment for me to get this far, I am not very handy)

One other thing to note, once I reconnected, the oven did go on but the display was blank. After a couple of minutes, it turned it self off.

Again, thanks in advance for your assistance.
ac04  
#243 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:20:49 AM(UTC)
ac04

After a 1/2 hour or so after cleaning the ribbon, and repowering the oven, it came back on with the error code. Again I cleared it and the oven works again, at least for now.:confused:
Gene  
#244 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:16:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello,

Based on the information you provided it sounds like the control board is bad, mostly because the display goes blank. There is a small chance for the control panel (keypad) to be bad as well. You may want to replace the control board first. If you need the correct part number for the control panel, post the color of it.

- The control board Part number: W10406070
Ph33zy  
#245 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:16:59 PM(UTC)
Ph33zy

. double post
Ph33zy  
#246 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:19:04 PM(UTC)
Ph33zy

I'm supposed to cook dinner for 15 friends tomorrow for NYE and I find out that my oven is not functioning! Hope you guys can help. I have a Whirlpool Gold (Model gw397lxus) and the touchpad is only partially responding. My BAKE, BROIL, and top and bottom number rows are not functioning (no beeping sound when pressed). If I click on the WARM button, the oven seems to be heating up to 145deg F as intended. I do not see any error codes and have already tried to unplug the oven for 10 minutes. Any help would be great!

Gene, I noticed you you're in Orange County. I'm in Irvine. Is this a trivial thing to fix? I've had the oven for only 2 years when I bought my new house.
Gene  
#247 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:04:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello Phi,

As we spoke earlier the problem most likely is a bad membrane switch.

Gene.
b_t  
#248 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:53:32 PM(UTC)
b_t

United States

It all started w/ the F2-E6 error. I replaced the Electronic Control and started the oven up and started getting F5-E1 followed by F2-E1. Half of the keys on the Control Panel work (off, clock, timer) but nothing on the left (no beeps or anything).

I cleaned the ribbon to the Panel w/ an eraser and noticed a huge difference but I was still unable to clear the F2-E1 error.

I replaced the Door Latch (via APP) and have the Control Panel on order (from APP). I am really wondering though if I need to go ahead and order the daughter board if I am unable to clear the F5 error - or just wait and see if the Control Panel fixes all.

We have been w/o our oven since early December and I just want to move on to a more enjoyable project.

Oven Model - RBD305PDB14
Gene  
#249 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:17:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello,

Did the error code F5-E1 return after you replaced the door latch? If it did then there is a reason to replace the sister board too.

I'm afraid you replaced the door latch without prior diagnosis. Check the connections between the sister board and the door latch motor first.

Gene.
b_t  
#250 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:06:47 AM(UTC)
b_t

United States

It did return. I went ahead and placed the order for the board. I wish I had found your forum earlier. It would have saved me about three weeks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply