Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shawn  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2007 7:17:37 AM(UTC)
Shawn

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Gold double electric wall oven (upper Convection) stainless/ black. Model#Model GBD277PDS09 Ser#XP4504175. I purchased it new in 10/11/03. As of late the oven has started beeping. I reset the breaker. panel shows PF. The clock will set however a padlock symbol appears and the word "Start" I then press the start button to find the clock will go out. If I press and hold the "Upper oven off" button a fault code of E6oNF2 appears. After reading several posts in your forum I am guessing I have an issue with the keypad, clock, membrane or control board. Or a combination with some or all the above. I have looked at it a little so far and the connection between the pad and control board looks in tact. I'm hoping you can help me out. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2007 9:15:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Shawn

Remove the power from the oven. Open the control panel and unplug the key pad ribbon from the control board. Assemble the control panel back and turn the power on. Wait a few hours.
If the error code came back on, replace the control board.
If the error code did not show up, replace the control panel (the key pad comes as a control panel assembly).

- The part number for the new control board AP3595759

- The part number for the black/stainless control panel AP3131755

Good luck.
Gene.
Shawn  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 3:33:56 AM(UTC)
Shawn

Gene, Thanks for taking the time to review my concerns. I had quite a time getting a new control panel. The listing provided by whirlpool part #'s 8300453 gave me a white control panel. After some research and 4 months I got the accurate control panel 8300433. I installed it and it worked fine for two days. Now I have no display and just a periodic series of beeps. I shut off the power and reinstalled the keypad ribbon only to have the same problem. My guess is I need to replace the control board. Any ideas?
Thanks Shawn
Gene  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 8:09:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Remove the power from the oven. Open the control panel and unplug the key pad ribbon from the control board. Assemble the control panel back and turn the power on. Wait a few hours.
If the error code came back on, replace the control board.
If the error code did not show up, replace the control panel (the key pad comes as a control panel assembly).

- The part number for the new control board AP3595759

Hi Shawn

Did you run this test?

With the new control panel now is the control board turn.

Happy New year.

Gene.
Shawn  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 1:37:36 PM(UTC)
Shawn

Gene,
Right on Target with the control board. I went with the control panel then when the error kept listing I replaced the control panel. 100% You saved me a bunch. Thanks again. All the best Shawn
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 1:49:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Happy New Year!

Gene.
smitty33  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:33:19 PM(UTC)
smitty33

Hello! I have a Whirlpool Double wall Oven with an electrical problem.
Model# Model RBD275PDB12 (black)
Serial# XL3907821
I believe my house got hit by lightning and my oven panel is now blank, but beeps. It occasionally has shown the error E6 F2, but usually a blank screen.
From reading these threads, it sounds like it probably is the control board, correct? Do I need to replace the control panel first?? ($$) I read somewhere, Gene, that a similar problem could be possibly fixed by replacing a transformer?? (much cheaper$). Also, if you do recommend replacing the panel +/- board, how do I get the side trim off to expose the screws? I don't see any screws on the outside of the trim. Thanks!!!!!
Gene  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:45:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

smitty33,

Open the lower oven door and remove the screw on each side trim. Pull the trim out from the bottom and slide it down to release from the control panel tab.

Remove the screw on each side of the control panel. Pull the control panel out from the bottom and push it up to release from the tabs.

Unplug the control panel ribbon from the slot on the control board and clean it, using an eraser. Plug the ribbon back into the slot.

Check the low voltage transformer for continuity across the two red and the two blue wires. If any of pairs is open then the transformer has to be replaced.

- The part number for the low voltage transformer is AP3968801

Reconnect all back, turn the power "on" and post the results.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool oven Model RBD275PDB12

Gene.
smitty33  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2008 8:51:26 PM(UTC)
smitty33

OK, got the trim off, embarrassed I didn't see the 2 black screws.
Got the control Panel and Board (connected with 2 screws and ribbbon) off, but didn't separate. Ribbon connection looks good.
Got Ohmmeter, resistance with the 200 Ohms setting is 58 from Red to Red and 2 from Blue to Blue on the Transformer.
Now what? Thanks!!
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 4, 2008 1:17:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Looks like the transformer is good.

Do not plug the transformer back into the board.

Power up the oven and check if there is 120VAC between the terminals P16-5 and P16-7 (where the red transformer wires go).

If there is no 120VAC then the control board has to be replaced but there is a chance the control panel is bad too (according to the error code you posted).

- The part number for the control board is AP3767567

In order to provide the right part number for the control panel I need the color of it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply