Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<2122232425>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
copiercop  
#221 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:33:00 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Groups: Registered

Hi Dick,

I will proceed with your suggestions.

BTW, I thought I remembered taking out a black plastic ring which I believed to be the tranny o-ring....It may have been in pic 1 of permalink 2 and in pic 1 of permalink 106.

The ring I had pictured above was silver in color with an elastic quality.

Am I mistaken?

Johnny
dh1200s  
#222 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:23:21 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Tranny O-Ring is rubber O-Ring about 5" in dia..........have to see if I can find my old one.

Look up AP part number AP4034167

I believe the grid boxes are 1" squares.

I just went back to take a close look at #106 (permalink) in Rob's first pic you can see the black tranny o-ring through all the corrosion/crude. Rob did a fantastic job of clean up and excellent feedback of his work process.

Quote:
The ring I had pictured above was silver in color with an elastic quality.

The Tranny O ring is rubber or silicone based mine was black......maybe that is the tranny o-ring, Has any work been done on this machine before the start of your re-build?

Pulling the plug for a while had to work late last night taking a nap before start of work......2nd shift.........Dick
copiercop  
#223 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:41:40 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Hi Dick,

The silver elastic ring I removed was in my tub seal pic. It was seated around the lip of the seal. Not the outermost part of the seal, but about half to three-quarters of an inch in from the outer edge...kind of odd. Its diameter was about 2 inches when removed.

The machine has never been worked on....curious.

Johnny
dh1200s  
#224 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:58:11 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Sounds like that is it. I have not put my hands on my original.
mhewitt56  
#225 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:40:18 PM(UTC)
mhewitt56

So I have the model number FAV6800AWW Serial number 17472058GR
The tub does not spin at all, what are all the parts that I would need to get this washer up and running, I got it free from my mom as she just went and bought new. Thanks! Micah
copiercop  
#226 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 4:30:14 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like that is it. I have not put my hands on my original.

Done!...phew, what a project. All spin tests passed with flying colors. I took the outer tub and the spinner assembly to an auto mechanic. He remove and replace the bearings in a matter of minutes. I didn't have the courage to try and bang them out. I remembered your "game over" comment if the firberglass cracked....lol.

Believe it or not, replacing the clutch pulley was more of a challenge.

Dick, thanks for all your help. This forum is absolutely priceless!
dh1200s  
#227 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:40:01 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: mhewitt56 Go to Quoted Post
So I have the model number FAV6800AWW Serial number 17472058GR
The tub does not spin at all, what are all the parts that I would need to get this washer up and running, I got it free from my mom as she just went and bought new. Thanks! Micah

Micah,

Do you have the Service Manual "SM" for the machine if not Google "FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual" or "16022808 Revision 0 December 2003".........the first hit on either search string will take you to the SM.

Have you read the first several pages of this thread? That will get you started on tear down to remove the Outer Tub.

I feel your series 17 machine will use the second generation Outer Tub design.

That design shifted the Upper One-Way bearing ring that sits above the Clutch Pulley on older series to a new/different Lower Outer Tub bearing which includes a ball bearing assembly combined with a One-Way bearing. I have not rebuilt a second gen Outer Tub that uses the lower combo Outer Tub bearing. Forum member Ferris came up with a replacement bearing for second gen Outer Tub machines. Google CSK207 bearing.

You will find forum members who rebuilt those Outer Tub machines with the CSK207 bearing had success.

As far as parts needed all info is in the thread first several pages minus the CSK207 bearing. The first two owners rebuilt older series machines like my series 10 machine. Going to tear down my original series 16 machine and a series 17 that is in service now ($0.99 bid win) like yours this winter. Those machine will need the CSK207 Lower Outer Tub bearing.

If you decide to take on the project I will try to help and I'm sure other owners will chime in..........Dick
dh1200s  
#228 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:49:33 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: copiercop Go to Quoted Post
Done!...phew, what a project. All spin tests passed with flying colors. I took the outer tub and the spinner assembly to an auto mechanic. He remove and replace the bearings in a matter of minutes. I didn't have the courage to try and bang them out. I remembered your "game over" comment if the firberglass cracked....lol.

Believe it or not, replacing the clutch pulley was more of a challenge.

Dick, thanks for all your help. This forum is absolutely priceless!

Johnny...........Great Work!........no scare with the with the Game Over :eek: warning. Just want to emphasize to owners take care when working on the Outer Tub. I put a crack in my Outer Tub with a miss guided hammer strike when pounding out the Lower Outer Tub bearing. Fiber Glass patch and all is good. The motor mount is critical just need to be cautious.

Did you replace the Spinner Support bearing with your rebuild?

Dick
copiercop  
#229 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:59:14 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
Johnny...........Great Work!........no scare with the with the Game Over :eek: warning. Just want to emphasize to owners take care when working on the Outer Tub. I put a crack in my Outer Tub with a miss guided hammer strike when pounding out the Lower Outer Tub bearing. Fiber Glass patch and all is good. The motor mount is critical just need to be cautious.

Did you replace the Spinner Support bearing with your rebuild?

Dick

Hi Dick, yes I did. The bearing was a bit of a bugger for the mechanic. Getting it out actually flanged open the end with the need bearing. He was able to close the gap a bit in a vise to allow the clutch pulley sleeve to slip on....really worried there for a second or two.

Johnny
dh1200s  
#230 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 8:26:18 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Good deal Johnny,

I have other support threads on this forum just type DH1200S in the search box at the top of the page.

Good luck with the machine............Dick
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply