Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<282930
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jpcjguy  
#291 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 10:53:49 AM(UTC)
jpcjguy

Groups: Registered

So I guess it is my turn - I have cleaned and greased the clutch bearings twice but I was out of town the last 5 days and my wife tried to run several loads and the spring got bent in the clutch - I was able to reshape it and I put it back together and still getting the dc error at the 12 minute mark. Take the clothes out and it the spin only cycle worked fine. Tried another load and back to dc error.
My question is about the clutch. I have no problem doing the all the other bearing and seals. It is just biting the bullet on a $100+ clutch that gets me wondering - I have the ability to press bearings.
How "perfect" does that spring have to be? I will tear it down again tonight to see what 3 attempted loads have done to it.

Thanks,
Joe
jpcjguy  
#292 Posted : Monday, August 20, 2018 7:18:21 PM(UTC)
jpcjguy

Groups: Registered

Doing some pre-check. I have only owned this washer for 5 years - came with the house. So I have no clue if it has been touched by someone else.
Here is a pic of my tub - just wanted opinion on the alignment of the arrows on the tumblers - does this look factory or has someone messed with it?

Thanks!
Joe
jpcjguy attached the following image(s):
Tumblers -red.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply