Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<1920212223>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dh1200s  
#201 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:57:16 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Groups: Registered

""I just can't seem to pull the spinner plate out! I've had it soaking in PB Blaster for a day....any suggestions?""

John did you remove the spinner nut from the Spinner support? See page 48 and 49 of the SM step 24, 25, and 26 pics.
copiercop  
#202 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 1:25:01 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Hi Dick,

Hmmm....I was actually following page 45 of the SM which directed me to remove the six spinner bolts.

Step 10 says to just "lift spinner from washer"...no mention of the spinner nut....

So, it's apparent I will need to take out the tub to access the spinner nut...tonight's project!
dh1200s  
#203 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 5:21:27 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Follow the the first several pages of this thread of the two forum members that did the rebuilds on there machine along with the SM points on Outer Tub removal. I used the locking ring and tool that is shown in the manual to remove the Spinner Nut. I had the Outer Tub on the floor upside down. Just throw something under the upside down Outer Tub to cushion the fall of the Spinner Support as you remove that 1 3/4 spinner nut. It will come crashing down to the floor.

Keep in mind the inner tub has fluid sealed in it......it's not old wash water I mention that in the first several pages of this thread.

Did your machine use the Upper One-Way Bearing Ring that is mounted above the Clutch Pulley? If so you have the the 1st generation Outer Tub installed in your machine and that make the rebuild a bit less painless.

I'll try to help if you have questions......I'm a bit slow to respond at times with job and and home time issues. I'm always looking for other forum members to jump in with there support........Good Luck with the rebuild.......Dick
copiercop  
#204 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 6:45:40 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Yes...my machine uses the upper one-way bearing.

Curious, why would the SM state I needed only to remove the 6 spinner screws on page 45 with no mention of the spinner nut?

Nonetheless, I'll "dive" into the tub tonight.

Thanks for the feedback...

Johnny
dh1200s  
#205 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 10:25:12 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: copiercop Go to Quoted Post
Yes...my machine uses the upper one-way bearing.

Curious, why would the SM state I needed only to remove the 6 spinner screws on page 45 with no mention of the spinner nut?

Nonetheless, I'll "dive" into the tub tonight.

Thanks for the feedback...

Johnny

Is the SM the perfect document for a complete Outer Tub tear down.......nope. But as I mentioned it speaks to Spinner Support removal starting on page 48............... step 24 covers removing the 1.75 inch Spinner Nut.
copiercop  
#206 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 10:33:10 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Thanks again...I will get on that this evening.

Do you suggest removing the tub entirely or is there enough room when the tub swivels?
dh1200s  
#207 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:21:26 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Thanks again...I will get on that this evening.

Do you suggest removing the tub entirely or is there enough room when the tub swivels?

If you are just replacing the Tub Seal that may work out for you. But you mentioned removing/replacing the Outer Tub bearings so I would remove the Outer Tub for a bearing replacement.

Are you replacing the Clutch Pulley assembly? I'm sure you found it rusted up if the Clutch Pulley has not been replaced recently.

I would suggest on a new Clutch Pulley re-lube with WD-40. Those One-Way bearings become sticky in the Clutch Pulley and do not lock up properly you get tumbler movement as you enter into a Spin Cycle and unbalance errors become a real PITA. See this post for that issue and how to check both the Clutch Pulley One-Way bearing and the Upper One-Way bearing ring for proper One-Way bearing lock up.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...e.html?highlight=dh1200s

Google for best price for the 6207-2RS bearings and support this forum for Tub Seal and Tranny O-ring purchase.

Make sure you remove the Old Tub Seal Sleeve from the spinner Support shaft as discussed multiple times in this thread.

Dick
copiercop  
#208 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:30:31 AM(UTC)
copiercop

Hi Dick,

I am looking to replace all the bearings and the clutch pulley. I finally removed the tub last night. I have tried everything to remove the spinner nut with no luck. I've got the nut pinned with a socket but I can't seem to get the spinner to break free. I am turning the spinner CW as the nut is locked in place. I've soaked it in PB Blaster but am getting nowhere. Any thoughts?

Johnny
copiercop  
#209 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:40:15 AM(UTC)
copiercop

One more question. Does the tub seal sleeve come with the tub seal?

Johnny
dh1200s  
#210 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:04:33 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

One more question. Does the tub seal sleeve come with the tub seal?

Johnny

Easy question first yep.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply