Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

207 Pages«<148149150151152>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#1491 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:03:50 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: darylp Go to Quoted Post
i replaced both of these. the bottom element glows bright orange when on. the top element seems to only have half of the intensity of the bottom.

When did you do it?

What is the part number of the new defrost heater assy you installed?

Did you replace both heating elements?

Did you check the defrost heater wire harness and connections?

Gene.
iowacpl3617  
#1492 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:10:04 PM(UTC)
iowacpl3617

Groups: Registered

mod # MSD2356AEA
Problem with the defrost mode. I read a post from Gene saying look for the defrost timer screw and cant find it on my unit. Where might I locate it? Please help.

Thanks
Rich
Gene  
#1493 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 12:40:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Rich,

The defrost cycle in your refrigerator is operated by the Adaptive Defrost Control board which is located inside the control box.

In such situation the best troubleshooting is to check for continuity the defrost thermostat and the defrost heater. They are coming as an assembly and are shown as #12 at the diagram.

If there is nothing wrong, replace the ADC board.

- The defrost heater assembly Part number: AP4069790
darylp  
#1494 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 4:57:57 PM(UTC)
darylp

i did all of that. my appliance guy here said that the compressor was probably leaking around the head. it would run constantly except for the defrost cycle. i got a new frig on friday. thanks for your help.
Gene  
#1495 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 6:46:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Good luck with the new fridge.

Gene.
azpaul  
#1496 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:41:20 AM(UTC)
azpaul

Hi Gene,

I have a maytag MSD2756GEW. I found the diagrams on this site, thanks!

This post is fantastic. Of course it is 11 pm and the refrigerator is pushing 70 degrees but the freezer is -1. So reading through your list and watching a couple youtube videos I was able to start the troubleshooting process.

I pulled the fridge awys from the wall and noticed the compressor fan is not running. I cleaned all the dust balls and such out, it was fairly bad.

Problem #1. Not sure how to check this. Is this supposed to run when the fridge runs?

Problem #2, took the back panel of the freezer off and it was completely iced up. I tested the thermostate and it had continuity when cold. I tested the heater assebly and got continuity when cold.

I then defrosted with a blow dryer and tested thermostat and got a high ohms reading over 400 I believe. Tested heater assebly and got continuity.

So, I am thinking that the deforst control board is bad or could it also be the compressor fan?

The freezer was packed pretty good with food and the vents looked like they could have been blocked.

Some of the pegs that hold the crisp draw have broken off and I do not see how to replace them, The draws sometimes put pressure on the door and does not seal properly.

So I am wondering if the totality of everything caused this issue and the fan on the compressor going bad as well?

Your thouhts please?

Thanks!!
azpaul  
#1497 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:57:53 AM(UTC)
azpaul

Originally Posted by: azpaul Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene,

I have a maytag MSD2756GEW. I found the diagrams on this site, thanks!

This post is fantastic. Of course it is 11 pm and the refrigerator is pushing 70 degrees but the freezer is -1. So reading through your list and watching a couple youtube videos I was able to start the troubleshooting process.

I pulled the fridge awys from the wall and noticed the compressor fan is not running. I cleaned all the dust balls and such out, it was fairly bad.

Problem #1. Not sure how to check this. Is this supposed to run when the fridge runs?

Problem #2, took the back panel of the freezer off and it was completely iced up. I tested the thermostate and it had continuity when cold. I tested the heater assebly and got continuity when cold.

I then defrosted with a blow dryer and tested thermostat and got a high ohms reading over 400 I believe. Tested heater assebly and got continuity.

So, I am thinking that the deforst control board is bad or could it also be the compressor fan?

The freezer was packed pretty good with food and the vents looked like they could have been blocked.

Some of the pegs that hold the crisp draw have broken off and I do not see how to replace them, The draws sometimes put pressure on the door and does not seal properly.

So I am wondering if the totality of everything caused this issue and the fan on the compressor going bad as well?

Your thouhts please?

Thanks!!

I forgot to mention that I am having a hard time getting the cotrol shroud off. The upper left corner seems to be catching on the styro foam vent so I can not easily get to the defrost control circuit. Is there a trick to getting that off? I looks as though you pull the shroud to the front and the tabs in the back should line up with a slot and the whole assembly should drop.

Thanks.
Micami03  
#1498 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:56:45 AM(UTC)
Micami03

Thanks for your post!
I have a GE PROFILE refrigerator.. model # PFS22SBSBSS that I've had for 6 years now.
I've noticed that the temperature in the refrigerator is not cooling and when I check the freezer wall, it's covered with frost. I opened up the freezer panel and found that the evaporator coils and wiring harnesses were completely covered with ice and based on what your telling me, it sounds like a faulty defrost system.
I tried locating the "defrost timer" but when I enter my model # it doesn't show it on the diagram.
Any idea where it is or what I should do next ?
Gene  
#1499 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:52:12 PM(UTC)
Gene

azpaul,

The condenser fan motor should run as long as the compressor does. Based on your description this motor is bad.

If the defrost heater as well as the defrost thermostat are good, then the ADC board is the culprit.

You can find the instructions on how to replace the ADC board in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros.../5070-defrost-timer.html

- The condenser fan motor Part number: AP4069289
Part number: AP4069289

- The ADC board Part number: AP4070403
Part number: AP4070403

Gene.
Gene  
#1500 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 2:11:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Micami03 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your post!
I have a GE PROFILE refrigerator.. model # PFS22SBSBSS that I've had for 6 years now.
I've noticed that the temperature in the refrigerator is not cooling and when I check the freezer wall, it's covered with frost. I opened up the freezer panel and found that the evaporator coils and wiring harnesses were completely covered with ice and based on what your telling me, it sounds like a faulty defrost system.
I tried locating the "defrost timer" but when I enter my model # it doesn't show it on the diagram.
Any idea where it is or what I should do next ?

The defrost cycle as well as all other functions in your refrigerator operated by the main control board on the back of the refrigerator.

You can find the troubleshooting instructions on page 3 of this thread, in the reply addressed to bohemian.

- The main control board Part number: AP4436216
Part number: AP4436216

- The defrost heater Part number: AP3775436
Part number: AP3775436

- The overtemperature thermostat Part number: AP3796802