Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<1516171819>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark221  
#161 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:16:21 PM(UTC)
Mark221

Groups: Registered

I have a modle # GBD277PDQ09 and had the E6 F2 codes about a week ago. Searching I found that the control panel is the most likely suspect. So, I replaced it and then there was no display at all. I looked for the control board, but it seems it's no longer available. Do you know if this is true? I'm sending my board off to a place that says they repair them for $95. I'll let you know if it works.

Mark
Mark221  
#162 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:21:38 PM(UTC)
Mark221

Originally Posted by: sdeedon Go to Quoted Post
Maybe you can help me?? I have a Whirlpool double black oven, model number RBD305PDB12, serial number XM0502216. I need to replace the control board (according to the forum and what has been written), but I do not know how to get to the control panel. It is not the same as with other models talked about already. Could you please tell me?! I just don't want to hire someone to come out here and do it if I can do it myself. Would help me to save lots of $$.
Thanks so much!
Suzanne :)

Hi Suzanne, I'm facing the same problem. I found a website that says they fix the control boards. I'm shipping mine off Mondya 8/29/11 & hope to have it back by the end of the week. I'll keep you posted.
Mark
Mark221  
#163 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2011 7:50:48 PM(UTC)
Mark221

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Suzanne,

You can use the instructions posted on the bottom of the very first page of this thread.

- The control board Part number: AP3767567

Hi Gene, I got my control board repaired but I think I messed up on drawing where the wires go. There are 2 black connectors with 4 wires in each of them. One has a round peg & the other has a different shaped peg. I'm 99% sure I have them grooped correctly, but think I have them in the opposite locations that they need to be. Do you have a picture or diagram of these wires? Thank you for your time.
gs03hlp3con  
#164 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 9:54:21 AM(UTC)
gs03hlp3con

Hi, I have a whirpool model RBD245 that Whirlpool display message F2 E6 and beeps reguarly say every 15 minutes. Read some of your reply, but not sure what to start first.

Can you give any advice what need to do first and where to open to get to do it and part numbers if need to replace?

Thank you very much

Huy Phan
vegasgeoteacher  
#165 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2011 4:08:02 PM(UTC)
vegasgeoteacher

Okay, I've read through the thread in its entirety. I have unplugged my double oven RBD305PDT12 (bisque) and am going to unplug/inspect the ribbon cable, and do the various checks.

The screen is blank now, has been all day, but usually the whole things works, we use the oven, it beeps, the display goes off but the lights are on, the display goes on and off several times over the course of a few hours and the whole thing works again.

The only error code it has ever shown is the E6 F2 code, but only a few times. The oven usually comes back on/works before I get a chance to tear it apart and trouble shoot (ghost in the machine?)

Right now I'm thinking control board and not the control panel. Or is it the resistor or???

Thanks in advance,

Robert
Gene  
#166 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 6:20:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Robert,

Looks like you are on the right track. More likely the control board is the culprit.

- The control board Part number: AP3767567
jomma  
#167 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 6:07:38 PM(UTC)
jomma

Went to use my oven turned it on to heat up. Came back in 15 minutes and it was locked doing a cleaning on its own. Since then no heat from broiler or heating element. Me having no idea what is wrong bought a new heating element but that did nada. When I turned it back on at the breaker I got the dreaded PF on the display.

Control Panel needs replacing or something else I'm hoping (cheaper fix :).

My oven is Whirlpool RBS305PDB12
jomma  
#168 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:06:31 PM(UTC)
jomma

one thing I forgot to mention...

when I took out the bottom heating element, one of the wires had what appeared to be a burn mark on it. The same side heating element connector had an electrical burn mark on it as well.

could this be my PF problem as well? I assume it could be, but wouldn't the top broiler work then even if the bottom wires were bad?

I'm confused
jomma  
#169 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:28:32 PM(UTC)
jomma

it was the thermal fuse, replaced it and works great!!
semloh314  
#170 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:45:26 PM(UTC)
semloh314

Hi Gene,

I think I may have a new wrinkle to this old issue.
oven model RBD305PDB11.

original problem: loud pop, then saw some brief flashing on the display, believe it was the F2E6 failure...then completely dead. no heat, lights, display, nothing.

have checked the thermal fuses, transformer and heating elements, all appear to still have continuity.

so, seeing the overwhelming majority of folks with a bad board, shipped mine off to be refurbished. (board also has evidence of high heat - burn marks). now, have it back, fixed & ready to re-install. BUT:
I am reluctant to do this. here's why.

My 50A breaker in the box downstairs, will not reset when the main power is on. when I try to reset the oven breaker, it immediately re-trips in my hands. (I have already tried replacing the breaker, and the new breaker does the same thing; which tells me, nothing wrong with the breaker, it is tripping because there are high amps drawing in the line due to a short or some fusing/arcing, from the original failure..)

so, I am concerned that the fixed control board could be damage again, if the breaker is still tripping.

could it be the electronic noise filter? it seems this is seeing the 240V from the source, prior to the board.

or other ideas please?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sam