Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doc Holliday  
#141 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:48:04 PM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Akkubake Model RBD275PDB12 double oven in black. LIke so many others, I got the E6 F2 code of death after Mrs. Doc used the cleaning cycle. The panel was blank, the only thing that worked was the oven light. Per directions read earlier in this thread, I disconnected the control panel/control board connector ribbon after tripping the breaker. Powered back up and waited. Finally saw a E1 F2 code, but it too is now gone. Am I correct in that this means I need to replace the control panel and not the control board?

Thanks for helping me to get this far.

Doc

PS Woke up this morning and the E6 F2 code was back. Since the ribbon connector is still disconnected, does this mean I need a new conrtol board as well?

What codes have others gotten during this test?
Gene  
#142 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:09:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Doc Holliday Go to Quoted Post
...Woke up this morning and the E6 F2 code was back. Since the ribbon connector is still disconnected, does this mean I need a new conrtol board as well?...

Doc,

Most likely the problem is a bad control board but there is a small chance for the control panel to be bad as well. I would replace the control board hoping it will solve the problem.

- The control board Part number: AP3767567
Doc Holliday  
#143 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:46:31 PM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Doc,

Most likely the problem is a bad control board but there is a small chance for the control panel to be bad as well. I would replace the control board hoping it will solve the problem.

- The control board Part number: AP3767567

Thanks for the response Gene. After reading all the similar posts here I kinda thought that might be the case. Will let you know what happens.
Doc
Doc Holliday  
#144 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 3:55:51 PM(UTC)
Doc Holliday

I replaced the control panel and it seems to have done the trick. Now my question is if I have to reprogram the cavity size. The tech sheet says to reprogram the cavity size after replacing the "electronic control". Is the "electronic control" revering to the control panel or the control board?

Thanks,
Doc
Gene  
#145 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 4:11:28 PM(UTC)
Gene

Doc,

You don't have to do anything if you replaced just the control panel.

Gene.
abqfengs@comcast.net  
#146 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:41:27 AM(UTC)
abqfengs@comcast.net

Hi Gene,

I have the same problem Control Panel vs Control Board. I disconnected the ribbon and still rec'd the error code E1 F2 (also E6 F2 previously), it showed up within minutes not hours.So I replaced the control board, attached control panel but still get E1 F2 when powered up. Your advice is appreciated. Peter
abqfengs@comcast.net  
#147 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:43:01 AM(UTC)
abqfengs@comcast.net

Hi Gene,

I have the same problem Control Panel vs Control Board. I disconnected the ribbon and still rec'd the error code E1 F2 (also E6 F2 previously), it showed up within minutes not hours.So I replaced the control board, attached control panel but still get E1 F2 when powered up. Your advice is appreciated. Peter
abqfengs@comcast.net  
#148 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:31:41 PM(UTC)
abqfengs@comcast.net

Hi Gene,

DreamWeaver69  
#149 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:05:52 PM(UTC)
DreamWeaver69

I also Have a WhirlPool GOLD Double Convection Oven
(Stainless Steel & Black). Got the E6 F2 Code a few days ago. Touch Pad still beeped when you pressed it but OVEN didn't come on and the buttons didn't control anything they were supposed to, just beeped.

I Powered Off Oven at BREAKER BOX and Cleaned & Inspected ribbon and pluged it back into the Circut Board but didn't make the oven work. However, NOW, I was getting a New Code: "E1 F2" AND this time the control Panel didn't Beep when you touched it.

UNPLUGGED Ribbon and turned off power at BREAKER and waited 20 minutes, then with ribbon still unplugged, flipped power back "On" and now the code was still E1 F2 when powered up. (The original code of E6 F2 was nowhere to be seen anymore).

I ordered a NEW Control Panel (which to state the obvious is the part you touch with your fingers to control the oven's functions like the On/Off, Timer etc. and has the thin Ribbion sticking out of it) which will arrive tomorrow afternoon and I will see if this fixes it. if not then I ALSWo need a Circut Board or the "Green Thingy" inside the control panel.

I also am aware I need to calibrate the oven for the correct width of the oven like 27" or 30". I AM NOT sure how to do this but Gene said it was somewhere in here.

Gene is a GREAT GUY and I appreciate reading his answers and the other forum mebers which helped me tackle this project. I better have GUESSED right (I made an educated guess based on the results of the test I performed when unplugging ribbon so hope it is better than 50/50).

We will see. If it works I will feel like a real man for the day if . If not my wife will make me sleep on the couch. If it DOES works, I'm going to walk in the kitchen with a screwdriver and wrench hanging out of my pocket and the old control panel stuffed out of ther top of my pants and say, what's for dinner? I'm starved!

Thanks again!
Gene  
#150 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 6:16:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Peter,

Sorry for the delay.

The fix for such problem is pretty simple but not cheap. :)

There are only two parts involved: control panel and control board. If the first did not fix it then the second should.

Gene.