Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#131 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:34:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Bob,

23V sounds good. You also can check this transformer by measuring the windings resistance. It suppose to be less than 1 Ohm across the Blue wires and between 75 Ohms and 95 Ohms across the Red wires.

Gene.
kbess1107  
#132 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
kbess1107

Groups: Registered

Update:
Due to the long backorder of these boards, I had my board repaired instead by "Fix Your Board dot Com" (put it in proper URL format: ************************.com). Since I was in driving distance of their place in Austin TX, I drove there yesterday and they fixed it that afternoon for a $50 expedite fee. Total price was still the same as getting a replacement board, but I the oven works now as opposed to weeks or months from now.
I highly recommend this company. THey have many options for shipping and turnaround time and not only fixed the faulty component but replace some where they have seen failures as a preventative measure. Very professional and very fast turnaround.

Thanks to all on this forum and this thread. It is an invaluable resource and I will keep coming back and buy my parts from appliance part pros (if they have them in stock .. :)
Gene  
#133 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:59:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. We are glad you were able to fix right on time for Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

Gene.
WarrenK505  
#134 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:27:03 AM(UTC)
WarrenK505

I purchased a whirlpool gold double oven model # GBD307PDB09 new with a new construction home six years ago. We had no problems until last year when my wife ran the self clean option. The unit ran until it just shut off and locked up. I had a repairman come out and get the oven back on line and no problems until this week. It started three days ago. The screen faded from bold and bright text to complete black, but the oven and timer were still functioning. (It beeped on completion of the time the cooking items were set for as entered.) After opening the door to remove the items the heat was released and the panel was back to it's original brightness within five to ten minutes. We don't use the oven terribly often but my wife attempted to make cinnamon rolls this morning. The timer was set for twenty five minutes. The control panel screen darkened to black again and prior to the timer's expiration the oven beeped and turned itself off. After opening the door to let the heat escape the panel returned within five to ten minutes to normal brightness but displaying E6F2. I know from reading all the other entries that this could be a problem with either the control board, control panel or both. The question I have before going to the extent of removing those items is whether the heat from my wife using the oven self clean again a few weeks ago may have caused an intermittent short of the thermostat and damaged the low voltage regulator, or maybe damaged the thermal fuse? When the oven is not under heat stress it does not have the symptoms described by others on this post.
Gene  
#135 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:00:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: WarrenK505 Go to Quoted Post
...The question I have before going to the extent of removing those items is whether the heat from my wife using the oven self clean again a few weeks ago may have caused an intermittent short of the thermostat and damaged the low voltage regulator, or maybe damaged the thermal fuse? When the oven is not under heat stress it does not have the symptoms described by others on this post.

I do not think so. In case of a such damage it will be completely dead and would not go on and off.

More likely there is a loose connection somewhere in the control board which is getting worse under heat stress.

You may want to start the repair from replacing the control board. It seams to me to be the culprit.

- The control board Part number: AP3595759
WarrenK505  
#136 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:01:59 PM(UTC)
WarrenK505

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I do not think so. In case of a such damage it will be completely dead and would not go on and off.

More likely there is a loose connection somewhere in the control board which is getting worse under heat stress.

You may want to start the repair from replacing the control board. It seams to me to be the culprit.

Now that is something that makes sense to me. I didn't want to start second guessing myself. I will get the part ordered and will post later to let you know the result. Thanks again.

Regards,

Warren:)
WarrenK505  
#137 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:27:20 PM(UTC)
WarrenK505

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post

Hello again Gene,

While I am waiting for the part to arrive off back order (hopefully soon), I decided I would get into the cabinet and look at and photograph the connections so I have a referral once the part arrives. I had hoped that the oven would last as it has intermittently but to no avail. I put in on pre-heat with the display on bright as usual and before preheat was over the screen had faded away. The oven then beeped once and stopped. I removed the ribbon cable being very careful as you posted previously. The cable was filthy so I gently used a pencil eraser and cleaned the connectors. I photographed and replaced everything. After turning the power back on I heard it beep and upon entering the room I heard the door locks disengaging. The screen will not return now and I can only begin to power the oven up, fan kicks on and then I get a series of one long beep followed by three short beeps. Is this still just symptomatic of the bad control board or am I looking at another problem with the control panel or low voltage regulator now?:confused:
Gene  
#138 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:36:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Those beeps should be accompanied by an error code. You can not see it because of dim display. So the first, and hopefully the only, correction step is to replace the control board.

Gene.
WarrenK505  
#139 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:29:58 AM(UTC)
WarrenK505

Gene,

As others have said before you are a true genius when it comes to this stuff. Unfortunately the control board is no longer available through your website store or any other appliance webstore as a new part. I contacted Whirlpool directly and was told the part has been discontinued. I know that other forum members have referred to the fix your board dot com website and while that may be an option I ran out of time before the big game and needed my oven back. Whirlpool suggested I look into concentric dot com. I found they had a webstore with the refurbished part in stock and are recognized as a factory refurbishment center by whirlpool. I got the part within a few days and installed it with no issues. Thank you very much for your assistance and saving me the cost of an electrician.

Regards,

Warren
Gene  
#140 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:46:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome Warren. I'm glad you were able to find the control board and fix your oven.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gene.