Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
infotech  
#121 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:15:49 AM(UTC)
infotech

Groups: Registered

Gene - Thanks for the information. I got side tracked on a starter issue with my truck, but I'm back on this now.

I tested the continuity on the voltage transformer and it would spike up to 59.8 across the red pair of cables and 3.2 across the blue ones.

In order to get to it, I had to unplug everything from the control board because the control panel only sticks out of the oven about a half an inch when I detach it from the oven. I got all of the plugs unplugged except for two black ones that have red and grey wires. They are on the right side of the control panel if you're looking at the back of it. They appear to be soldered onto the board unlike the other 5 white plugs. Any idea how to remove those?

Thanks!
infotech  
#122 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 5:58:50 AM(UTC)
infotech

Well, I replaced the control board and got the E1 F2 error :mad: Ordered the Control Panel this morning. Now I'm wondering if $400 is too much to repair an oven that is nearly 10 years old. Will it last another 10?

Thanks for your help with this.
FC7aarcuda  
#123 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:19:19 AM(UTC)
FC7aarcuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC7aarcuda UserPostedImage
I tested the Thermal fuses and the door switches this weekend and they appear to be OK. The Thermal fuses test as a closed circuit and the door swithches open and close consistent with the tech sheet.

There are no error codes, everything on both ovens apprears to be working (oven blowers turn on, convection motor turns on, etc) but there is no heat. The oven did heat up once after I installed the new control board but nothing since that first use. The only other issue I noticed is that the oven light does not come on when either oven doors are opened. The light will come on if I press the Oven Light button?

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Open the control panel and check for 120 VAC between the red wire at the terminal block and the ground.

If the reading is incorrect, check the circuit breakers.

Gene.

I checked and there is 120 VAC between the red wire at the terminal block and ground. Still the same problem. Oven appears to turn on but there is no heat.
zz6938  
#124 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2010 6:34:24 PM(UTC)
zz6938

Hi Shawn

Remove the power from the oven. Open the control panel and unplug the key pad ribbon from the control board. Assemble the control panel back and turn the power on. Wait a few hours.
If the error code came back on, replace the control board.
If the error code did not show up, replace the control panel (the key pad comes as a control panel assembly).

Good luck.
Gene.

Model number : rbd305pdb15

Hi Gene,

I saw your other posts and apllied the trouble shooting steps.

Problem:

Oven sometimes display error code E6 F2.
After displaying this error , i was able to reset it by pressing upper off button.
I could start preheating the oven but in few minutes it shuts down.

On the other hand, it is like, Oven has its own mind...
Display most of the time is blank. Just black out basically. This occurs when there is no error code on the display.
In this condition Oven lights can come on and off, but when i press on start button the result is:

sequential 1 short beep 1 long beep and 3 short beeps

So far what i did today is:

1 I removed the Control panel
2 unplugged the keyboard flat wire
3 plugged back the control panel again without plugging the keyboard flat wire.

the result is:

I turned the breaker back on, While i was walking from the garage to kitchen, i hear the usual beep sound and when i came back i saw oven display is still blank (black).
about 45 seconds later i heard the
sequential 1 short beep 1 long beep and 3 short beeps and the display is still blank (black).

it has been 30 minutes,

No response or beep when pressing buttons on the the control except the light is turning on, when door is open.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your reply

John
Gene  
#125 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:30:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
John,

Sorry for the delay.

Sounds like the problem is a bad control board but there is a small chance for the control panel to be bad as well. I would replace the control board first hoping it will fix the problem.

- The control board Part number: AP4701078
zz6938  
#126 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:07:55 PM(UTC)
zz6938

John,

Sorry for the delay.

Sounds like the problem is a bad control board but there is a small chance for the control panel to be bad as well. I would replace the control board first hoping it will fix the problem.

- The control board Part number: AP4701078

Gene thanks for the reply. I was guessing the same thing and did a gamble and ordered the part last week. It is back ordered part nationwide.

I read so many people having this problem and i can t believe whirlpool does not recall this defect.

Any way thanks for your reply, i will post the results as soon as i receive the part. I dont know when :confused:
Gene  
#127 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 4:27:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome John. You can talk to the Appliance Parts Pros team to find the part ETA.

Gene.
kbess1107  
#128 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:05:39 AM(UTC)
kbess1107

Hi,
I have a GBD307PDS09. Started seeing the E6 F2 error. Did some troubleshooting based on this thread.

Cleaned contacts in ribbon cable
E6 F2 came back after power on
Verified good power at board and at transformer (120V)
Transformer output was 23V
disconnected ribbon and turned power off and back on
Saw E1 F2
After a while decided to try to see what would happen so plugged in ribbon cable
Oven seemed to work fine
Display was intermittent but oven still functioned

THis morning display was blank, but buttons still worked and oven started fine. Display came back once I pressed buttons. still blanks out every few minutes.

appliance part pros said it would be 2 weeks to get a new control panel.
I really need oven over Christmas so wondering what I can do to help keep it going.

As I said above, display was blank but when I pressed the "Bake" button lights came on and I hit start and it all worked.
I let it run for about 15 min then turned it off
DIsplay was normal, then after being off about 5 minutes, got the beeps and display went to E6 F2 but on again off again (intermittent but almost a very slow blink)
Unplugged ribbon and reset power.
Got E1 F2 but after about 45 minutes, beeped and reverted back to E6 F2

Since the control board seems to be backordered everywhere with weeks or more delay, I was looking at this site
http://www.************************.com/index.html (fixyourboardDOTcom)

They will repair the current board in a few days. This may be a better option anyone tried this? Before I do this and therefore stop troubleshooting, is there anything else it could be? The intermittent nature of this is troubling

Also, based on receipts from the previous owner of the house (the oven is only5 years old) the "CTRL board and fuse link" was replaced in May, 2008. Pretty poor product if it needs to be replaced twice in 5 years. Could there be another component that is causing a premature failure?

thanks
Bob
Gene  
#129 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:57:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Bob,

I think it is a good idea to have the old control board repaired, especially if they guarantee their job and the time.

There is still a small chance for the control panel to be bad as well.

Because Santa Claus is knocking at the door I would order the control panel (they are still available) too. If you would not need it then you can return it.

Gene.
kbess1107  
#130 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:30:20 PM(UTC)
kbess1107

THanks for the reply Gene.
Came home from work and E6 F2 was displayed. But I pressed the 'bake' button and start and it works just fine. So sometimes it works despite the error code.
I keep hearing Feb '11 from many places for expected date for boards. One place I called said they had 200 boards on backorder.
thanks again for reply.
(p.s. is 23V the right output voltage for transformer?)
-Bob

Update. The oven ran fine for about 45 minutes and then I got the beeps and blank display. Eventually E6 F2 came back up and now it is unresponsive to touch.