Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages<12345>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Determined2DIY  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 3:10:43 PM(UTC)
Determined2DIY

Groups: Registered

HELP....having this exact problem but the link to the service manual is now disable/page does not exist. I read on another post about popping off the tumbler covers, tumblers and checking to make sure theere isn't something stuck in tumblers/coins...I got the pop off but so much gunk in the hole I cna't tell what I/hubby need to remove tumblers. (We do animal rescue and have washed a LOT of animal hair covered beds/etc....so I fear what is inside.....but we ddefinately cannot afford to replace the machine).
dh1200s  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 10:39:00 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Hello Determined2DIY,

e-mail me my e-mail adr is in my profile and I will help you with the Service Manual.

The Service manual has the procedure starting on page 37 for the tumbler removal.

It&#8217;s not difficult to remove the tumblers. The Service Manual doesn&#8217;t call out the Torx driver size required for tumbler removal retaining screw. You will need a number 20 Torx driver to remove the screw for tumbler removal.

Your viewing the correct thread to correct unbalance issues in spin cycle. There could be issues leading up to this caused by a leaky tub seal. You will know more once you dive in and remove the Clutch Pulley and view the condition the One-Way Roller clutch bearings in the Clutch pulley. I hope you can just get away with the clean up and lube process described in this post.

What are the first two digits of you machines Serial Number. That is located on the back console panel the rear right upper side as you face the machine.

If you need help stay on this post and we will work the issue.

I own the machine and have a few in the family I&#8217;m comfortable with any repair from troubleshooting Control Board issues to replacing Outer Tub bearings. No expert just some hands on experience&#8230;&#8230;Dick
Determined2DIY  
#23 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 5:22:39 AM(UTC)
Determined2DIY

Hi Dick!!

Can't tell you how nice it is to find someone HELPFUL and KNOWLEDGABLE!! I can't find your email, the profile says no contact info available. Can I give you mine here? petfriendsgc@aOL.COM
dh1200s  
#24 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 9:03:16 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

You Got Mail :)

Let's see if we can save your $1k machine.......Dick
dh1200s  
#25 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 10:32:01 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

""(We do animal rescue and have washed a LOT of animal hair covered beds/etc....so I fear what is inside.....but we ddefinately cannot afford to replace the machine).""

Good for you on the animal rescue and your DIY efforts. The machine is very easy to work on (except for the drain pump and pressure switch). So let's DIY this puppy. :)

We have a stray cat that has been hanging around since spring and have been feeding him. Looks like he was tossed out a of a moving car, face scraped up and left front leg damaged we call him Limpy. He has only three good working legs.

Back on topic.... I recommend to all FAV6800A/FAV9800A owners a DH1200S retro fit of the Sump Cap with a filter screen as I show below to protect the Drain Pump from impeller jams or destruction from debris i.e. coins, stringy fibers from the wash load and pet hair.

The Maytag Skunk Works design team made it extremely difficult to get to the Drain Pump.

Let&#8217;s fix the current issue but I would recommend a retro fit of the Sump Cap with a filter screen like this;

Removing the Sump Cap is a lot easier then trying to remove the Drain Pump for service......Dick
dh1200s attached the following image(s):
Screen 1.JPG
Screen 3.JPG
Screen 4.JPG
Determined2DIY  
#26 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 1:20:51 PM(UTC)
Determined2DIY

Home drama in other areas, just now getting around to taking this bull by the horns. Did I see a sight here where yoiu had lots of pics as you assembled/disassembled theclutch ?
dh1200s  
#27 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:19:40 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: Determined2DIY Go to Quoted Post
Home drama in other areas, just now getting around to taking this bull by the horns. Did I see a sight here where yoiu had lots of pics as you assembled/disassembled theclutch ?

Hi and good for you. I have posted my process on 5 sites but this has become my site of choice. Take a peek at this post it will give you a good feel for correcting the DC/UC tub banging unbalance error codes Maytag Neptune load unbalance

I have to look back through this post and see if you gave us the first two digits of your machines serial number. You can find the S/N on the back right side of the console as you face the machine.

Let us know if we can help with any issues or concerns.

Dick
dh1200s  
#28 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:30:26 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
Hi and good for you. I have posted my process on 5 sites but this has become my site of choice. Take a peek at this post it will give you a good feel for correcting the DC/UC tub banging unbalance error codes Maytag Neptune load unbalance

I have to look back through this post and see if you gave us the first two digits of your machines serial number. You can find the S/N on the back right side of the console as you face the machine.

Let us know if we can help with any issues or concerns.

Dick

I need to pull the plug and get some some sleep this is the post to follow.

If you need additional pics or if you need some phone support let me know.

Take care..........Dick
Determined2DIY  
#29 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:46:28 AM(UTC)
Determined2DIY

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
I need to pull the plug and get some some sleep this is the post to follow.

If you need additional pics or if you need some phone support let me know.

Take care..........Dick

Thank you Dick!

We worked on it last evening and I was able to find most of your pics and references. Thanks so much. unfortunately cleaning/lubing the clutch didn't help, so we have to decide on buying replacement parts or throwing in the towel. DH has an arm/elbow injury that is aggravated by trying to work in that small area, so he is a bit laid up and I'm about disgusted with the whole machine. (WOW..>I can see through the outer tub towards the metal one, I wondered where all the gunk and pet hair went...I dare say all the smudges and dark spots I see are where they went).

If we end up buying a new one, can anyone give me a good reference on a Extra large capacity washer to try?? (Can never get the King duvets done currently- the house gets furry/hairy with the animal rescue thing!)
Johnatevw  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:56:43 PM(UTC)
Johnatevw

Dick,

You helped me last year with a water input valve on my 9800AWW washer. Thanks very much.

Now I have a problem with the clutch. I followed the instructions you have in this thread. Everything worked well. As far as I can tell, the bearings only allow turning in one direction. I cleaned and greased everything and put it back.

But could the spring be the problem? Before I took the clutch apart, I could hear something clicking at lower speeds (90 and 150 rpm, and even at a little higher). At higher speeds there was nothing.

When I had the clutch apart, one end of the spring was not connected to anything. That seemed wrong.

Now with the clutch back in, I can still hear the clicking. The only thing I think it could be would be the spring.

Does this mean I need to buy a new clutch? I have a machine with a serial number starting with 10.

Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply