Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mhamilton  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:07:43 PM(UTC)
mhamilton

Groups: Registered

I noticed that the Maytag display AP367514 looks very simlar to the display of the thermador.

Are they the same? Could I save $100 by getting just the Maytag display head.

thanks
Gene  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:52:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Good idea and I wish it would but unfortunately it's not going to work.

Gene.
g5reality  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:04:53 PM(UTC)
g5reality

Quote:

Thermador display is very dim
Model Number: SCD302 Brand: Thermador Age: 5 - 10 years

The display on our oven is very dim, the only part of the display that shows anything is the clock, the oven still seems to work, but some of the numbers on the keypad do not function.

I was going to order the control kit, which includes the display head, main power relay, and the harness keypad.

If I change all that, the problem should be fixed?

Gene, I too am having the same problems. Is it advisable to buy the entire kit or should I just buy and install the relay board saving $110?
If I buy from appliancepartspros.com what is the return policy? If I buy the relay and find I need the display too will they exchange the relay for the kit and credit me the diffference?

What would you recommend?

Gene  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:52:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

g5reality,

All your questions should be addressed to the Appliance Parts Pros customer service (877-477-7278).

Gene.
DerekJ  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 9:56:30 AM(UTC)
DerekJ

Gene,
My oven is a GSC30CV. First my display went out. I don't recall it getting dimmer. I sent the display off to get repaired since the part is no longer available. They suggested I replace the power relay, which I did with part #AP2837330. That worked for about a month, then the display started getting dim. Now in the right light I can read the time, but not the temp. When it was going dim I could flip the breaker and give it a few minutes and then flip the power back on and the display would work long enough to set the temp. Now that doesn't work. Will the control kit you mention here work with my oven? If not, is there something else I should be doing?
Gene  
#16 Posted : Friday, May 30, 2008 7:08:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Derek,

The kit listed above is not good for your range. The only way you can try is contact people from PCBR.BIZ and ask if they can rebuild the old part. If they can not then you have to look for a new range.

Gene.
DerekJ  
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 9:59:20 AM(UTC)
DerekJ

Thanks for answering.

I did things out of order. I already sent the display in to be repaired/rebuilt, when that didn't work I replaced the power relay. That worked for about a month. I am going to replace the power board again and check the wiring. Are you saying that the "dimming" is related to the display (not the power relay) and I should send it off to get repaired/rebuilt again?

If another display worked with the GSC30CV, I would love to get a new one instead of having to deal with sending in the part to get repaired.
Gene  
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 3:26:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Derek,

Based on my experience, "dimming" is related to display boards (couple capacitors on the board). I can not provide more accurate information because I never fixed them myself.

Parts like displays designed for some specific models and they are not interchangeable.

Gene.
viljef  
#19 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2009 9:45:29 AM(UTC)
viljef

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Hi gtbdevs

Yes, you need to replace the control kit. part number AP3382408

Be very careful removing the control panel. It is very heavy and if it falls down, the plug for the control panel circuit board could break off.

- Here is the break down diagrams for the Thermador double oven Model SCD302T

Good luck.
Gene.

I have same problem but the display is totally black. Thermador has stopped making the display bd AP3382408. I took the board and out and tested the capacitors and they seemed to power up and release. I noted in the top left corner a burned out spot where a small light is located. Could this be my problem and if so can it be replaced. I see noway to access it or remove it. Thanks.
Gene  
#20 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2009 3:11:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: viljef Go to Quoted Post
I have same problem but the display is totally black. Thermador has stopped making the display bd AP3382408. I took the board and out and tested the capacitors and they seemed to power up and release. I noted in the top left corner a burned out spot where a small light is located. Could this be my problem and if so can it be replaced. I see noway to access it or remove it. Thanks.

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply