Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages<12345>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
woozie  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:17:33 AM(UTC)
woozie

Groups: Registered

while I have all you brainiancs..I need to get access to the "on" indicator...the LED or lamp has fallen from the lens..there is just 1 small red lamp for all burners (ie not individual) kind of crappy system but what the heck...how to access? thanks
Doug Cuny  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 5:25:21 PM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.

I've got exact same problem, same burned spot on the upper left of the display. Not sure what the model number is, but it is double oven with convection. The manual says it is for SCD302T and 272T
SC302T, 301T and 272T
S302T, 301T and 272T
Any idea what the burned spot is related to?

Burned spot aside, I gather from the posts that I can use p/n AP3382408 or try to desolder and replace three capacitors. What do you suggest?
Doug Cuny  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 5:40:15 PM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

Apparently AP3382408 is no longer available. Now what???
viljef  
#24 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 7:01:27 AM(UTC)
viljef

Hey Doug, the burned out part is just from the manufacturer when they seal the control board. I replaced the three capacitors and has worked perfectly ever since.
Doug Cuny  
#25 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2009 2:16:52 PM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

Are the three capacitors on the display panel? I see 4, three of which match the description shown here. One of them terminates under the glass of the panel itself. Looks like a tough one to do. Thermador suggested a repair place that wants me to send the display plus two other boards to them. 1 week turn around for 180 bucks. I like $12 at my own pace compared to that.
viljef  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:40:52 AM(UTC)
viljef

I took just the display out...not the circuitboard that is located behind the plenum. It involves removing the touchpad controller. Then the display itself has 3 screws holding it in place.

I then replaced 3 capacitors....the two 470 uf's and the 68 uf (all 35 V). They are all grouped together at one end of the board. The originals were rated at 105 deg C. I was able to buy 2 470 uf's at 125 deg C, but the only 68 uf I could find was still 105 deg C. Th ethinking is that the heat from the ovens causes the capacitors to degrade over time. Watch the polarity when replacing them...the light stripe down the side of the new capacitor should be in the same orientation as the old one.

I bought the components at Mouser Electronics for a grand total of about $4. The shipping was more than the cost of the capacitors.

I am not a proficient solder iron user, but the whole repair took me less than 30 minutes, and the display is as good as new.
viljef  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:45:43 AM(UTC)
viljef

This may help with the repair. The photo is not of a thermadore but still is helpful.
http://****************.com/wp/...n-an-oven-control-panel/
Doug Cuny  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:44:35 PM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

I had the display out, no big deal to get it out again. How did you get to the back side of the capacitor that is through soldered behind the glass display?

Excellent advice on the polarity, I would not have paid any attention to it.

I bought the parts on Moser's site, shipping twice as much as the parts.
viljef  
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:44:23 AM(UTC)
viljef

If I recall correctly the circuit bd is hinged to the touch pad and just bend it apart. Is held together with just some sticky pad. Here is a pic that shows display bent away from the circuit bd. Hope that helps.UserPostedImage
Doug Cuny  
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:08:56 AM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

Thanks, you've been a big help. I'll report back on the fix, I'm hoping for a big win!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply