Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<23456>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
superiorappliance  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:32:09 AM(UTC)
superiorappliance

Groups: Registered

A customer had a thermador Double Oven model SCD272TP. I didn't know where to get it fixed after taking off the display board so I did a google search and this thread came up. I tried the company "Sam" reccomended and I sent it in and it came back about 2 weeks later and I installed it back into my clients thermador and it actually worked.

I called their number from the link CG Industries - America's top remanufacturer for residential appliance parts. and they sent me a form to send it in. They actually had a whole list of all the different thermador models and they claimed they have fixed hundreds of them.

Good thing most thermador customers don't know how to take the parts out so now I can just take them out and send them in!! I'll let you guys know if I have any problems but give that website a try.

--

Hey everyone. I posted this in another topic but I found more people were using this one. I got all my Thermador oven controls back and they work great!!
Doug Cuny  
#32 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:22:17 AM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

Works like a champ. $4 out the door, thanks for the help, especially on the polarity and the hinged panel - I never would have figured that out for fear of breaking it.
Thanks again.
Doug Cuny  
#33 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 6:23:26 AM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

Superior;
You should get yourself a $10 soldering iron and stock of $1 capacitors and fix them at home. Why bother sending them out? That is more like $170 or $180 bucks extra in your pocket for each call. It took me 30 minutes start to finish including getting the panel out and putting it back.
If you want I'll do them next day for you for $50 each.
tommiesue  
#34 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2009 2:34:39 PM(UTC)
tommiesue

Originally Posted by: Doug Cuny Go to Quoted Post
Superior;
You should get yourself a $10 soldering iron and stock of $1 capacitors and fix them at home. Why bother sending them out? That is more like $170 or $180 bucks extra in your pocket for each call. It took me 30 minutes start to finish including getting the panel out and putting it back.
If you want I'll do them next day for you for $50 each.

Hi Doug,
I have a new board that I never installed. I just put the new display light in and it worked so stored the board away. Now, the display light has dimmed again. Can you help me with what I need to do now?
Doug Cuny  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 8:49:16 AM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

Basically you need three capacitors, two 470 uf's and a 68 uf (all 35 V). Once you go to any electronics web site you will find a multitiude of uf ratings and voltages. You just need to make sure you get the right ones. People here have suggested getting higher temperature rated ones, and I did. You need to unsolder the old ones and then solder in the new ones. Someone above suggested Mouser Electronics and that is where I got mine. Shipping was more than the parts. You can get a fine tip soldering iron and very fine solder at any Radio Shack. someone above suggested keeping track of the line on the old capacitors and reinstalling the new ones in the same orientation, I just used a sharpie to mark the board where the line should go. Then just take out the board and look for the capacitors - heat the opposite side of the board where the prongs come through and wiggle the capacitors out. The display panel is hinged to a degree on a series of connectors along the edge of the board and will pivot away so you can get to the back of the on capacitor.
tommiesue  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:48:21 AM(UTC)
tommiesue

Thank you, Doug. I'm going to take the board out next week and see if I think I can tackle this. I'm also trying to fix a gas valve on my Thermador SCGS365RS cooktop and am hoping it's the pentiometer it needs and nothing else since you can't buy the valve any more. My icing kit went out on my built in Monogram, too! Oh, and also my A/C, so not a good week for me! Thank you for explaining the capacitors.
cherokee67  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:47:17 PM(UTC)
cherokee67

Thanks for your help on this problem!! Do you have part numbers from Mouser ??
Doug Cuny  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:02:31 AM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

I don't recall them. I didn't create a user id so I don't have access to my order history either. I just searched capacitors.
Doug Cuny  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:20:29 AM(UTC)
Doug Cuny

The 470's I got were 647-UBT1V471MHD I think. For some reason they are not showing a 68uF / 35V version any more. Might want to call on that. As you apply filters on the site you can narrow down the choices - the ones you want are electrolytic radial.
cherokee67  
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:54:39 AM(UTC)
cherokee67

Thanks Doug!! Gonna attempt this. Do I need an extra small soldering iron??
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply