Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LCooper  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:15:19 AM(UTC)
LCooper

Groups: Registered

Maytag Neptune started about a year ago just beeping for no reason. Eventually beeped for no apartant reason during wash cycle. Time left display would jump around with no action and then it would complete cycle. Now when you power it up pushing any button does nothing but beeps twice. After a couple minutes several lights including start pause light flashes. At this point you can either push cotton strudy or wrinkle free and it lights up, at this point you can only change the water temp and the buttons presoak,sain cycle, extra rinse and max extract. If you hit start it will proceed to wash completely with no problems. Called local Maytag man and he agreed it sounded like the control board. He would never get back to me so I finally ordered a new control board. SAME THING. I've electricaly trouble shooted door closed circuit and tub displacement, front weight disp sw and inertial unblance switch and all are fine. I even checked continuity on the led membrane cord and all switches work perfectly EXCEPT (presoak, stain cycle,extra rinse,max extract) buttons I get no conintuity between these. HOWEVER like I stated above I can change these settings now after I first plug it in like I said above and wait till it starts several of the leds blinking these and the water temp is the only buttons that do work!!! HELP
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:00:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would do is check for a proper connections of all ground and neutral wires and terminals.

Gene.
LCooper  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:47:24 AM(UTC)
LCooper

Groups: Registered

Well I thought the same. I checked volatage at recp before and under load. Have had the recep out and checked it. I even unhooked the earth ground temp incase of some kinda interference on it. All checked and looked fine.

I honestly have no clue. I'm no washer repairman either am I electronic eng. Just a simple electrician! lol I'm pretty sure unless someone has had prior experience with this type of trouble it's down to parts changing to find. And that gets expensive at this rate. I know now more of what I'll be looking at when I buy a replacement washer.

I honestly believe its my LED membrane pad even though it all checks out with the exceptions I mentioned above. However those dang buttons that I can't get continuity on work when it finally does decide to run a cycle. Unless under load the led lights or buttons are "shorting out" because alot of the same pins on the ribbon connector have multiple contacts for other buttons. I'm thinking one or more of the buttons underload are looking "pushed" in upon startup! Much like if a phone number button was "stuck' in the other buttons wouldn't work right either.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:46:32 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Pull each terminal of the white wire harness connected to each water valve solenoid and verify the wire is properly stripped and crimped to the metal terminal connector of the wire harness. Make sure the wires fit snug on the terminals of the water valve solenoids.

If it would not help then the console assembly has to be replaced. In order to provide the right part number I need the color of the control panel.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag Neptune washer Model MAH5500BWW

Gene.

#5 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2024 9:53:00 PM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Definitely sounds like your control panel. I would look on ebay and buy one. I had the same issue.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply