Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrogge  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:40:59 AM(UTC)
mrogge

Groups: Registered

I just replaced the drum seals and bearings. Before this repair the machine was loud but would complete a cycle. Now after the repair the bearings are quiet but the machine stops 7 min before the end of the cycle, it stops during the final spin. It starts this phase of the cycle over and over until finally offering an error on the LCD screen a while later. Since the entire machine was taken apart for the bearing job I may have knocked something. Just dont know where to start???

THE PROBLEM
The washer doesn't finish the cycle

THE ERROR CODE
The LCD screen shows "the washer did not spin due to an unbalanced load"

WHAT HAVE I TRIED

DIAGNOSTIC MODE
Spin test in diagnostic mode works fine. There are no error codes during the test. Low RPMS have a little vibration. But 350 to 1000 is smooth.

UNBALANCE SWITCH
I tried disconnecting the safety switch and bypassing with a jumper wire. This has no affect.

TUB DISPLACEMENT SWITCHES
I tried pressing these during the final spin. This had no affect. Pressing them gave no errors. I also tried bypassing the bottom switch with a jumper. This has no affect. I haven't tried bypassing the side switch.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mrogge  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 10:33:46 AM(UTC)
mrogge

I bypassed the bottom tub displacement switch with a jumper. I had suspected this switch got knocked around a bit while I was making the bearing repair. After bypassing the switch initially the washer was still hanging up at 7min. My workaround was to stop the load. Go into diagnostics mode. And run the spin test to get my clothes spun out! This was working... but not a solution.

Not, mysteriously... the last 2 loads finished on their own.
ANY IDEAS?? I dont know the sequence of the wash cycles. At 7min it pumps and spin. But the diagnostics mode spin never indicated a problem. So that leaves what??? A switch or pump issue??
mstarnes  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 5:05:08 PM(UTC)
mstarnes

Originally Posted by: mrogge Go to Quoted Post
I bypassed the bottom tub displacement switch with a jumper. I had suspected this switch got knocked around a bit while I was making the bearing repair. After bypassing the switch initially the washer was still hanging up at 7min. My workaround was to stop the load. Go into diagnostics mode. And run the spin test to get my clothes spun out! This was working... but not a solution.

Not, mysteriously... the last 2 loads finished on their own.
ANY IDEAS?? I dont know the sequence of the wash cycles. At 7min it pumps and spin. But the diagnostics mode spin never indicated a problem. So that leaves what??? A switch or pump issue??

I have the same issue. Did you ever get this figured out?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply