Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
surferfletch  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:52:04 PM(UTC)
surferfletch

Groups: Registered

I washed a load of laundry and went to put it in the drier. The clothes were still wet. My initial thought was that the pump wasn't working or the drain hose was clogged. Internet searching revealed that it is common for objects to make it down to the sump. I removed the hoses to the pump and found several coins and an 2 underwires from bras. I cleaned it all out and put it back together only to find that the pump would run, but the drum wouldn't spin. I searched more online and found that it is common for the door latch switch to fail and cause the drum not to do a high speed spin. I accessed the error codes and found E47 (PTC detects door not closed). Figured that I got it now.

Being Sunday evening, I couldn't go to the local Frigidaire parts supplier, so I did some more internet searching and found this site. $40 for the part. I waited until Monday morning to call my local supplier and the woman said it would be 2-3 days and would cost me $70. I called this site and ordered the part. The part would be shipped from one of 7 warehouses in the country. Later that day I went home and the part was already in transit from Jacksonville to Ft. Myers, just across the river from me. I knew I'd have the part the next day! When it arrived, I swapped the part and high speed spin returned!

This was the second time we needed to fix this unit, which we bought in April of 2007. The board and possibly the door switch were replaced under warranty then. We love the machine, but it has broken down twice in less than 3 years. Super happy to have found a wealth of info on the net and this parts supplier, who I wouldn't hesitate to use again!!! Thanks!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.