Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Blkzx3  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 7:10:44 AM(UTC)
Blkzx3

Groups: Registered

Hi all! Hoping for some help - this has been a long, frustrating battle! Last week we started smelling an electrical burning smell from the washer. Soon after that it stopped mid cycle and would not restart in any cycle. I assumed the motor had over heated and unplugged the washer and waited till morning where I plugged it back in and got it to spin all the water out. I assumed it was a bad motor and ordered a replacement. I also ordered a new clutch and coupling and agitator dogs. Figured I'd give it an overhaul of sorts while I had it apart. I also cleaned the drum and basket to get rid of the grossness in there. Everything finally back together I started a test load (empty) on quick wash. All seemed ok so I ran a full load. During the spin cycle I now hear a load constant noise (and only during that cycle) that sounds like maybe a loud buzzing. This wasn't there before . Did I put something back together wrong? Is my new clutch bad maybe or should I assume the worst and figure I have a bad transmission?

I'm hoping it's something easy! There was a lot of foul language thrown at my washer yesterday as I did all this - hope it's not mad at me!

Thanks all in advance!

Tony
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 7:24:35 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Is the gearcase fully seated up against the mounting studs? If so, post a video to youtube so we can hear the noise.

Eric
Blkzx3  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:13:53 PM(UTC)
Blkzx3

Here is a link to the noise - Washer noise - YouTube if it works that is. I've never loaded anything before to YouTube. I will be taking it apart again soon!
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:55:21 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Might be something in the pump. Pull the pump away from the motor shaft and try spin again.

When you put the new coupler on, did you make sure to put the two plastic halves on far enough so that they are flush with the end of the motor and gearcase shafts?
Blkzx3  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 3:04:46 PM(UTC)
Blkzx3

Thanks - I actually did look at that. Nothing in the pump except for water. Spun it a bit and all seemed ok. I had pulled the cover off and saw one of the clips had come off the pump and put that back on and tried it without a load - just spin and it sounded good. When I ran a load the noise was there. It happenes on rinse and spin - I originally thought it was just spin.
Blkzx3  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 5:39:22 AM(UTC)
Blkzx3

Hi all - thanks for the help. I broke down the washer again and reseated the clutch and everything. After it was back together all was quiet again. Must have been some adjustment somewhere - but it works now the right way! Thanks again for the help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply