Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rolo1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:36:26 PM(UTC)
Rolo1

Groups: Registered

Having trouble with a 22 month old Kenmore top loading Elite Oasis Washer. Had been getting the LD code error message; checked drain and hoses- all OK. Now the unit runs through a wash cycle, and stops at the spin cycle and will not drain.

Drain is clear, supply hoses clear.

Will not run on spin cycle alone, either.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 8:32:56 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The LD error code on these machines is like having a business consultant come out and look at your company. What he or she will tell you is technically correct and absolutely useless as far as fixing the problem.

The error normally occurs when you have an obstruction in the drain line. It sounds like you have checked this out, but I would recommend you remove and clear the drain pump and you might as well do the same for the recirculating pump at the same time. Put things back together and see if this does not solve the problem.

If it does not you could try replacing the drain pump, but it is an expensive part and you will not be certain this will solve the problem, as the problem could be in the wiring or the main control board.

Sorry not to be of more help, but that is life with this diagnostic.

Good luck.
Rolo1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:33:03 PM(UTC)
Rolo1

Thanks for the post; i happened to be looking in the forums and say the following "They will replace the Control Board/panel for freee call 1-800-659-7026."

I called the 800 number; and it is the Sears Recall Center. My washer is under a 'recall'; and I have them ordering the board [also a thread I found on this forum site]. They are coming out on 9-8-09 to change the board. Good News- there is a 90 day follow on warranty to the recall. I'll post and let you all know how this goes.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:57:24 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, glad you found that and I hope it solves the problem.
RangerRickT  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2009 6:11:09 PM(UTC)
RangerRickT

Originally Posted by: Rolo1 Go to Quoted Post
Having trouble with a 22 month old Kenmore top loading Elite Oasis Washer. Had been getting the LD code error message; checked drain and hoses- all OK. Now the unit runs through a wash cycle, and stops at the spin cycle and will not drain.

Drain is clear, supply hoses clear.

Will not run on spin cycle alone, either.

Today, we too got the Ld fault code with an Oasis (110.27082602) washer of similar vintage. I initiated the automated diagnostics which displayed two saved/logged fault codes: F51 and F32. The automated diagnostics did not show a failure, and the technician's troubleshooting guide had numerous manual initiated tests to try - though none exactly matched the conditions of Ld code with empty washer tub. I tried all the tests without finding an error; with the last test, I eventually reset the pressure sensor zero reading. This action seemed logical as the washer drain pump would continue to run after emptying the tub; it didn't seem to "know" that it was empty and move onto the spin cycle. This reset worked for now - we've done 3-4 loads with no problem. I have my fingers crossed that I don't have to replace the control board!!
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2009 5:14:38 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well, good thinking, and I hope it keeps on working. Thanks for sharing that with everyone.
chays77  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 6, 2009 9:18:27 AM(UTC)
chays77

Originally Posted by: RangerRickT Go to Quoted Post
Today, we too got the Ld fault code with an Oasis (110.27082602) washer of similar vintage. I initiated the automated diagnostics which displayed two saved/logged fault codes: F51 and F32. The automated diagnostics did not show a failure, and the technician's troubleshooting guide had numerous manual initiated tests to try - though none exactly matched the conditions of Ld code with empty washer tub. I tried all the tests without finding an error; with the last test, I eventually reset the pressure sensor zero reading. This action seemed logical as the washer drain pump would continue to run after emptying the tub; it didn't seem to "know" that it was empty and move onto the spin cycle. This reset worked for now - we've done 3-4 loads with no problem. I have my fingers crossed that I don't have to replace the control board!!

I competely took appart my washer today and found no obstructions, and both motors turned. There was some gunk in the hoses but nothing that didn't allow water flow. I'm running a clean wash now with some bleach and we'll see what happens. Where did you find the Technician's Troubleshooting Guid to do the tests? How were you able to reset the pressure sensor to zero?
billsoto  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 7:10:00 PM(UTC)
billsoto

Thanks. This helps me as well as I have the exact same problem.
billsoto  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 7:12:01 PM(UTC)
billsoto

How do you get automated diagnostics? I have the exact same problem.
chays77  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2010 8:00:39 AM(UTC)
chays77

I fixed mine by calling sears and found out it was under a recall and got it replaced, parts and labor for free. The entire electric board had to be replaced.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply