Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
csnow  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 8:06:42 AM(UTC)
csnow

Groups: Registered

My washer will no longer spin. I've checked the drain pump and tubing. All clear. Pump will start, 5 sec, stop and no spin on the spin / drain setting. Can't get the rinse/drain to work either. Shock absorber broke (ordered 2 new) so something could be loose I suppose. Wiring seems ok. Door lock solenoid seems ok. Drum spins fine manually.

Did the diagnostics on the front panel. On the diag tests, anytime it says tumble or spin, that doesn't happen. Error code lights door lock/wash/rinse/final spin/control and the start lights were on 5 times and the start blinked 9 more. Seems to be a 5E code. Not sure what to try next.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Chris
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Ted/APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 11:18:57 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hi Chris. This E5E code is Communication problem. Refer to test (13). Test 13:
Communication problem. Check the wiring between the control board and the speed
control board (motor control board) part # [AP3891780].Wiring bad. Correct wiring problem.Wiring good. Replace the control board part # [AP4354654]. If the problem is not corrected, replace the speed control board. I suggest since the shocks are on the way already to look at all the rest of the wires and connections. They may have become loose during the shock issue. Then try the unit and then see if it is OK. Let us know if we can assist. further. Thank You.

Originally Posted by: csnow Go to Quoted Post
My washer will no longer spin. I've checked the drain pump and tubing. All clear. Pump will start, 5 sec, stop and no spin on the spin / drain setting. Can't get the rinse/drain to work either. Shock absorber broke (ordered 2 new) so something could be loose I suppose. Wiring seems ok. Door lock solenoid seems ok. Drum spins fine manually.

Did the diagnostics on the front panel. On the diag tests, anytime it says tumble or spin, that doesn't happen. Error code lights door lock/wash/rinse/final spin/control and the start lights were on 5 times and the start blinked 9 more. Seems to be a 5E code. Not sure what to try next.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Chris
csnow  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 3:53:07 PM(UTC)
csnow

I did indeed find a loose connection on the speed control board. It was one that connects to the edge of the circuit board. I plugged it in, turned it on and blew something. Must have chosen the wrong connection spot (looks like 2 of them and they are very simliar). Now, no lights, nothing. Does this mean I need a new control board? Do you think the speed control board is ok or am I going to need both? Any chance there is a fuse somewhere that I blew instead of the expensive boards? The lights came on for a second or so and then flashed, noise and off... Thanks.

Chris
ApplianceJunk  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 4:36:49 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Did you maybe trip the breaker for the outlet it's plugged into?
csnow  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 6:47:20 AM(UTC)
csnow

That's not it. Would be nice and easy if it was... I heard popping like capacitors blown. I'll need either just the control board or it and the speed control board...
Ted/APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 4:42:38 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hi. If you blew the same board as the wire you plugged back into, then yes you will need to start by replacing the speed control board part # [AP3891780]. Thank You.

That's not it. Would be nice and easy if it was... I heard popping like capacitors blown. I'll need either just the control board or it and the speed control board...
csnow  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 5:31:32 AM(UTC)
csnow

Any way I can figure out which board I need to replace first? If I disconnect the speed control board, should the main panel come up? If not, do I replace the main panel first and then if it doesn't work, the speed control board?
Ted/APP Team  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 4:19:08 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hi Chris. Did you get the spped control board and replace it ? Speed (motor) control board # Part number: AP3891780
Part number: AP3891780
. If you unplug it , it will not bring up the fault code denoting the main panel. There are Capacitors on the speed board and if this is the one that blew visually, then this is where to start. Can we assist. you further ? Thank You.

Any way I can figure out which board I need to replace first? If I disconnect the speed control board, should the main panel come up? If not, do I replace the main panel first and then if it doesn't work, the speed control board?
csnow  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:22:54 AM(UTC)
csnow

I replaced the main board and the washer lights up again. I saw a spot near j6 which connects to the speed control board where something was definitely blown.

The speed control board looks ok. I wrote down where the 2 connectors were.However, the J#'s on the wiring diagram don't match where they were on the board. The board lists J1 and it was the J5 on the wiring diagram that was connected. That one is right. J1 is right. The problem I have is that across teh top of the board, I have J1, J2, J3. J1 was connected. I have to connect J3 from the wiring diagram to either J2 or J3. Problem was that I already tried J3 and it blew the main board. Do you know if it really belongs in J2? J2 has 5 spots for connectors, J3 has 7. The wiring connector has 5. Seems it goes in J2 but I'm gun shy.
Ted/APP Team  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 4:50:12 AM(UTC)
mattt

Groups:

Hi. We understand about being gunshy because of being careful not to mention @ the cost. The wiring diagram shows that J-1 has 2 wires. The blue wire goes to the C2-1 connector. The black wire goes to the C2-2 connector. The J3 board connection has the C5-1 red wire. The C5-2 white wire. The C5-3 blk. wire. The C5-4 blue wire. The C5-5 is the orange wire. On the J-5 connector, it has the C7-1 as a green wire.
The C7-3 is a gray wire. The C7-4 wire as a white wire. The C7-5 wire as a brown wire . the C7-6 as a red wire. The C-7-7 as a orange wire. This is a standard wire for front loaders. Have you found /and use the tech. sheet folded in a packet ? It should be in the cabinet either under the top, back cover or inside the front as the envelope is clear plastic and it adheres to the cabinet. Hope this works for you. Keep in touch and let us know how it comes along.Thank You.

I replaced the main board and the washer lights up again. I saw a spot near j6 which connects to the speed control board where something was definitely blown.

The speed control board looks ok. I wrote down where the 2 connectors were.However, the J#'s on the wiring diagram don't match where they were on the board. The board lists J1 and it was the J5 on the wiring diagram that was connected. That one is right. J1 is right. The problem I have is that across teh top of the board, I have J1, J2, J3. J1 was connected. I have to connect J3 from the wiring diagram to either J2 or J3. Problem was that I already tried J3 and it blew the main board. Do you know if it really belongs in J2? J2 has 5 spots for connectors, J3 has 7. The wiring connector has 5. Seems it goes in J2 but I'm gun shy.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply