Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sidevinder  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 9:48:51 AM(UTC)
sidevinder

Groups: Registered

As of yesterday, the washer on my Kenmore stackable no longer spins for the spin cycle. It fills and drains fine, but will not spin at all. Previous wash loads had spun just fine. The lid switch seems to be fine because I can hear the relay click off and on if I try to lift then close the lid during the spin cycle. Any ideas what would cause this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 10:12:58 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Unfortunately, just because you hear the lid switch engage does not mean it is not the problem.

You need to test both the lid lock and lid switch by by-passing each one. One of them is likely to be your problem, but if not post again and we'll see what else we can come up with.

Good luck, and please post the results.
sidevinder  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 3:25:17 PM(UTC)
sidevinder

Groups: Registered

I bypassed the lid switch, left the lid open and opened the front panel, then started the spin cycle. I noticed the belt starting to move real slow, and put a screwdriver against the flat part of the pulley to see if it was spinning and found the pulley to be spinning much faster than the belt was moving. I pushed the drum a little to help start spinning and it began to spin great on its own. I also ohmed out the lid switch and it is working fine. It looks like I am going to need a new tight belt. It looks fairly easy to swap out, except for reaching the back side of the pulleys.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 3:42:44 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, good. Glad you eliminated the switches and have found the problem.

Look at the entire belt - pulley assemblies. There should be a spring adjustment for the idler, which you may be able to use to tighten things up, and also check that the pulleys are not slipping.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply