Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Clueless101  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 12:33:13 PM(UTC)
Clueless101

Groups: Registered

Please Help!!

My washer started leaking from the bottom behind the washer the other night. It appears to be leaking a lot as soon as I turn it on. After pulling it away from the wall and checking it out with the top open it also seems like the water is bouncing off the rim of the tub and spraying out of a few little holes in the back as well, this isn't where most of the water is coming from though and may have been happening for a while. The leak at the bottom is what worries me because it is so much. I looked and it's not the hoses connected to the back it's like a puddle that's flowing out from the bottom.

My aunt said that she had the same problem and that it was a clogged filter which a friend of hers fixed quickly and cheaply but she couldn't tell me more then that.

Our washer has also been extremely loud and shakes horribly during the spin cycle since we bought it used. It still worked and was mainly just an annoyance so we've dealt with it. However, if we're going to have to open it up and check it out I'm wondering if we can fix it too. Also, the load of clothes right before this problem started shaking so hard that it kept stopping the washer so a part of me wonders if something shook loose inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea what's going on and my family lives 4 hours away so I've got to fix it on my own and I've never had to do work on a washer before.

If it's going to be expensive to fix then I may just end up getting a new one but if it's doable I'd prefer to keep this one running for a while longer.

Thank you so much for your help!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:40:01 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ok, you may have several problems but lets get the cabinet off and see what you have.

I think the most likely problem on the leak is the hose from the inlet valve assembly to the tub. You need to take off the cabinet and operate the machine (this is safe as long as you are careful) and you will see where the leak is coming from. This video will show you how to take off the cabinet.

YouTube - Direct Drive Washing Machine Repair Video Tutorial *Watch in HIGH Quality!*

As far as the vibration and uneven spin, try replacing the support springs. It is an easy and inexpensive repair once you have the cabinet off.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply