Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pajero378  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 11:10:20 AM(UTC)
pajero378

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2010(UTC)
Posts: 10

Dishwasher will not drain. cleaned the discharge hose, and replaced the piston assembly check valve as the rubber flap inside had totally melted.

after replacing the piston assembly valve the machine ran perfectly for one use . the second day same problem it will not drain.

Removed the motor and pump and it all look good. the solonoid works fine and clicks open the flap to drain line but water will not drain out completely.

is there air trapped inside or something. please help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 11:52:28 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: pajero378 Go to Quoted Post
Dishwasher will not drain. cleaned the discharge hose, and replaced the piston assembly check valve as the rubber flap inside had totally melted.

after replacing the piston assembly valve the machine ran perfectly for one use . the second day same problem it will not drain.

Removed the motor and pump and it all look good. the solonoid works fine and clicks open the flap to drain line but water will not drain out completely.

is there air trapped inside or something. please help


Are you sure you dont have a "floating clog"in the drain line ?

Are you sure the drain flapper arm has not slipped on the actuator shaft ?
A pretty common occurence.
(see attached possible part needed)

Part number: AP2041455
pajero378  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 12:04:15 PM(UTC)
pajero378

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2010(UTC)
Posts: 10

Thanks Joe,

Whats a floating clog ?

The white flapper works fine coz when i press down on the white plastic piece which is connected to the solonoid it opens the drain flap inside the pump.

I tried to remove the lower washarm and in the bargain the clips in the hub holding down the wash arm/fan blade broke. so now I need to replace the Hub or maybe the whole lower wash arm kit but no point in doing that if the machines not gonna work.

I ran the machine twice with out the wash arm to test but water remains in the tub about 3 inches, do u think that the wash arm needs to be in place for the water to drain. ??
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 1:30:16 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: pajero378 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Joe,

Whats a floating clog ?

The white flapper works fine coz when i press down on the white plastic piece which is connected to the solonoid it opens the drain flap inside the pump.

I tried to remove the lower washarm and in the bargain the clips in the hub holding down the wash arm/fan blade broke. so now I need to replace the Hub or maybe the whole lower wash arm kit but no point in doing that if the machines not gonna work.

I ran the machine twice with out the wash arm to test but water remains in the tub about 3 inches, do u think that the wash arm needs to be in place for the water to drain. ??


A "floating clog" occasionally occurs when a large piece of debris (corn,peas,rice,etc.) passes through the pump and "floats" up and down the drain hose causing an intermittent drain problem.(not a real common occurence but with all that you did do and check, was a possibility.

If you're sure that the drain flapper is operating properly, then that leaves two possibilities :

The sump or sump cover is clogged(located behing the spray arms in the center of the tub(oval shaped opening).

The impeller kit is damaged or slipping on the motor shaft(since it washes OK, not likely).

The spray arms really don't have anything to do with the drain of the tub,
It's all in the sump, flapper, and impeller.

hope this has helped a bit more than previously.
pajero378  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 3:55:22 PM(UTC)
pajero378

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2010(UTC)
Posts: 10

Joe, I disconnected the hose from under sink and did a rinse/hold in the bucket and no water came out. However when i held the hose lower than the machine level than I wa able to empy out about ahalf small bucket. but this was while the machine is shut. so basicaly water came out seeking its own level.

than disconnected the motor and pump and remove the imnpeller, the impeller looks ok except the out circumference is kinda jagged, its not perfect round as it shud be but doubt that should effect its performance and the impeller was not slipping as had to struggle with it to be able to remove it from the shaft. I did find a very small piece of glass and small pice of rubber.

When the system goes into drain mode than the solonoid switch gois in therby opening a valve inside the pump, this valve is white plastic but it has a black rubber sole, the black rubber shoe is worn out therfore when the valve is open to drain water i think it suppused to completely close the opening into the tub so that the water does not re circulate back,

du you think that cox the rubber show being worn out and not closing the intake when drain mode could be the cause ? but still soem water should be expelled from the drain hose, which it does not.

please advise if the drain valve is available and if the impeller needs changing.

besides that i cant figure out what the problem is, as the oval shaped drain in the tub is clean., and thepiston assembly is new and the plastic box to wch the piston is is screwed on to is clean

Thanks
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 7:08:55 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: pajero378 Go to Quoted Post
Joe, I disconnected the hose from under sink and did a rinse/hold in the bucket and no water came out. However when i held the hose lower than the machine level than I wa able to empy out about ahalf small bucket. but this was while the machine is shut. so basicaly water came out seeking its own level.

than disconnected the motor and pump and remove the imnpeller, the impeller looks ok except the out circumference is kinda jagged, its not perfect round as it shud be but doubt that should effect its performance and the impeller was not slipping as had to struggle with it to be able to remove it from the shaft. I did find a very small piece of glass and small pice of rubber.

When the system goes into drain mode than the solonoid switch gois in therby opening a valve inside the pump, this valve is white plastic but it has a black rubber sole, the black rubber shoe is worn out therfore when the valve is open to drain water i think it suppused to completely close the opening into the tub so that the water does not re circulate back,

du you think that cox the rubber show being worn out and not closing the intake when drain mode could be the cause ? but still soem water should be expelled from the drain hose, which it does not.

please advise if the drain valve is available and if the impeller needs changing.

besides that i cant figure out what the problem is, as the oval shaped drain in the tub is clean., and thepiston assembly is new and the plastic box to wch the piston is is screwed on to is clean

Thanks


Thank you for the update,

I have to believe that the damaged flapper(shoe) is at fault.

I have checked, and double checked and a flapper repair kit is not available(I cannot find an individual part number for a flapper).

It's been my experience, to repalce the complete motor pump assembly, instead of the pump housing, it is a more efficient and dependable repair.
(especially with a damaged impeller to boot)

(see attached information)

Part number: AP2616850
Part number: AP2616850
(motor / pump assembly)

Part number: AP2039461
Part number: AP2039461
(housing only)

I'm sure you'll be up and running soon,
pajero378  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 7:28:26 AM(UTC)
pajero378

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2010(UTC)
Posts: 10

Joe, thanks fr yur reply.

I also need to replace the Lower Spray arm Ass. and inlet sump.

total cost incl. pump and motor ass. is $165 plus shipping.
This does not make sense as might as well get new dishwasher for $3/400

Thanks anyway

Sushik
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 7:50:39 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: pajero378 Go to Quoted Post
Joe, thanks fr yur reply.

I also need to replace the Lower Spray arm Ass. and inlet sump.

total cost incl. pump and motor ass. is $165 plus shipping.
This does not make sense as might as well get new dishwasher for $3/400

Thanks anyway

Sushik


Your welcome,

Wish we could have done more, but we do what we can do,as best we can.
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
GE Profile Dishwasher will not drain completely (Dishwasher Repair)
by michellemb 1/5/2011 8:05:52 AM(UTC)
GE Profile Dishwasher will not drain completely (Dishwasher Repair)
by 2bluesuz 3/23/2009 2:28:34 PM(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.