Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sky Walker  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2023 2:08:01 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Model WRX988SIBM01: Ice auger stuck and unable to remove bin. Solution: Removed all the ice from the bin by hand. Used hair dryer to melt ice lodged between auger blades Aimed dryer at auger area to heat up the auger. Also, aimed dryer inside the release latch area. Worked for me. Hope it helps someone else.
Walter  
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2023 1:31:15 PM(UTC)

United States

We had a terrible time removing the ice storage bin. A lengthy power outage had allowed ice to melt and refreeze in the rear left side of the storage bin and the slide rail. We used a hair blower set on high to thaw it out enough to get it loose and out. There was a significant amount of re-frozen ice on the rail that we couldn't see until we got the bin out. With heat and a lot of patience we were able to free it. Hope this helps! I imagine this could also happen if the freezer door was left ajar for a period of time.
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 26, 2023 4:53:21 PM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
My freezer is not making ice. The water dispenser is fine. I’ve some troubleshooting but no luck. I tested the dispenser and if I put an ice cube in the bin it will dispense properly. So can I just buy a bag of ice at the grocery store and just put it in the ice bin. It would save me the fee of a repair right now.

When this happens it usually a piece of ice stuck in the tray above the ice bin.
Player154  
#34 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2024 3:36:32 PM(UTC)

United States

Yes. Hi. My Whirlpool model number is : WRS571CIHZ04 And when I took out the storage/ice bin it would not go back in i tried getting all the ice out of any blocked compartments and it will not go back in any idea what could be stopping this?