Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2021 7:47:44 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was able to remove the ice bin, to clear accumulated ice underneath,thinking that might be why it wasn't dispensing ice, but now can't get the bin back on.
And my refrigerator seems to be making a clicking noise model # is GS5VHAXWYOO
#22 Posted : Sunday, August 8, 2021 2:06:07 PM(UTC)

United States

Same problem. Getting ready to just break it off. What is a pick tool?
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 3, 2021 5:10:46 AM(UTC)

United States

Have whirlpool model wrx735sdhz01 can't get ice maker out, makes a :"thunk" when pressing ice
dispenser. cleared any ice from inside door. used plastic knife to clear any remnants away.
any other suggestions.
mkusernm  
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 1:32:47 PM(UTC)
mkusernm

United States

I managed to pull the ice bin base by forcing it out as suggested by user PM 9 years ago. It was pulled by pulling it up by force, shaking it loose a bit while depressing the release button on the bottom right side. Then inserting a screwdriver under the bottom of the base and knocking the ice bin base out by pressing the screwdriver up. It turned out that the rod (part no. 28 in the diagram) rusted inside the ice bin socket. The ice bin base came out with the rod. The rod which connects the ice bin auger to the engine is not made of stainless steel. It is actually coated with chrome. If water gets into the ice socket, the tip of the rod would eventually rust inside the socket, and you would not be able to pull the base just by pressing the release button. According to the diagram on this website, the rod passes through a tight plastic disk. That is why it was hard to pull the base with the rod out. I will need to order a new rod and hope to be able to reinsert it into the plastic disk and the engine.

Edited by user Sunday, October 31, 2021 10:52:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: error

#25 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2022 4:14:48 PM(UTC)

United States

I just got my ice ben to release. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole just under where it says press side button.right under the t's in button at the seam where the ice bend sets on the base. this lines up with the shaft. I used free all spray in about 5 minutes, I wiggled the ben an it lifted right off. the shaft is only in about 2 inches. You might be able to just stick a screw driver in a little an just turn it to raise the ben just a little. the free all spray did the trick.I'm a snow bird, so for 6 months it had time to rust together.Hope this helps you, ed
#26 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2022 3:33:08 PM(UTC)

United States

I have this issue, and it continues after being completely thawed out, ice removed from entire route of the bin to the exit. Its not frozen. There's no rust in the rod. The plastic release latch simply refuses to release, no matter how far you push the button in. When we finally manage to get it removed, you can see the button moves the release latch freely. Can't figure it out to save my life. Now I can't get it to go back on. First time that's happened...

Edited by user Sunday, August 7, 2022 3:36:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 5:33:18 PM(UTC)

United States

My freezer is not making ice. The water dispenser is fine. I’ve some troubleshooting but no luck. I tested the dispenser and if I put an ice cube in the bin it will dispense properly. So can I just buy a bag of ice at the grocery store and just put it in the ice bin. It would save me the fee of a repair right now.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 5:34:35 PM(UTC)

United States

My freezer is not making ice. The water dispenser is fine. I’ve some troubleshooting but no luck. I tested the dispenser and if I put an ice cube in the bin it will dispense properly. So can I just buy a bag of ice at the grocery store and just put it in the ice bin. It would save me the fee of a repair right now.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 5:36:34 PM(UTC)

United States

#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2023 6:15:11 AM(UTC)

United States

I need to replace the release button on the ice bin. I have removed the ice bin from the freezer and I have purchased a new button but can’t figure how to get it into place. Is there a video I could watch?