Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<34567>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 5:18:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Same here. I just had this issue as I was filling up a cup. Everything turned off. I unplugged the harness and it all came back on. Thanks for your help.
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 8:41:34 PM(UTC)

United States

Same here! Help. Where is the wires ?
hummer1940  
#43 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 10:17:08 AM(UTC)
hummer1940

United States

Our fridge is just over 4 years old now, and this problem just started two days ago. After following several posts in other forums, I was planning to order a replacement temperature control board for the deli drawer (~$300). Then I found this post and checked the wiring harness in the deli drawer. There were no obvious cut wires but then I started to gently pull on each of the 5 wires and the black wire just pulled right out of the protective sleeve since it had broken way inside the drawer compartment. This saved me wasting $300 for a new control board. Now I have to figure out how to repair the wire. I think I will have to follow the video and basically take the entire upper half of the refrigerator apart to access the wiring harness so I can repair the wire, or replace the harness. Seems like a lot of work. Since I have unplugged the temperature control board, the refrigerator seems to be working fine again except that I cannot control the temperature in the deli drawer. No big deal for the moment since the deli drawer is still being refrigerated and maintains almost the same temperature as the main part of the fridge.

Does anyone know if there is a short cut to removing that wiring harness without following all the steps in the repairclinic video?

**UPDATE**
I went ahead and followed the repairclinic video to access the wiring harness. I did not remove all the upper shelves though. Once I had the harness out, I found the break in the black wire and repaired it based on what Jamal W had posted back on the third page of this topic. After putting everything back together, I turned on the power and YIPPEE!! Everything is working again. Thank goodness I found this post, it saved me an expensive service call and possibly a lot of wasted money trying different control boards.

Edited by user Thursday, December 16, 2021 6:54:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!!

#44 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:02:56 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: Jamel Go to Quoted Post
Hi friends,if you a wondering why the light in your kitchenaid 5 door refrigerator goes out. It has something to do with the meat,beverage, cheese drawer display plug.i have spent two hour trouble shooting this problem all lights out and water and ice inoperable. Just unplug the plug behind the door and all light and water will work I am still trying to figure out what part is causing this but all light and water is working. Hope this help&#55357;&#56842; I will post the part needed soon once I look into this further.

Originally Posted by: nashfishin Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jamel, if you figured out the part that fixes the drawer display plug problem please post the details. I am also having the same problem. The alarm stopped after unplugging the drawer connector and powering on/off the fridge. Now I am wondering what part is faulty.

Where’s the plug located how do you get to it??
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 9:33:19 AM(UTC)

United States

Originally Posted by: Brian78633 Go to Quoted Post
My KitchenAid refrigerator model KRMF706ESS01 purchased in 2017 also had a problem with the lights in all compartments going out, odd issues with the water and ice dispensers not working, and the open door red light would stay on, and of course chirp, even when everything was closed. I could press the water dispenser and nothing would come out, but if I then opened the left drawer water would spray out on the floor and into the left drawer. Resetting main power did not help. But, I discovered that the left drawer seemed to be the source of the problem. I could fiddle with the drawer or the cable on the left underside of the drawer and make the problems go away. The comments in this forum led me to removing the the control panel on the left drawer by prying around the edges (top side of the panel first) with putty knife and simply disconnecting the two cable connectors from the circuit board on the back on the panel. Then, I re-inserted the disconnected panel. All problems are solved. I can no longer adjust anything with that control panel but the drawer is still usable, the same temp as the main refrigerator which hovers around 38-40 degrees (even though I have it set for 33 degrees). I'm OK with that the drawer control panel not working because a replacement costs $300 - $360. Possible cause: water had been getting into the space behind that control panel anytime water drip onto the left drawer. The seal around the control panel is poor at best. Water may have ruined the circuit board (even though it appears to be sealed) connected to the control panel. Thanks to this forum for helping me avoid a large repair bill.

Had the same problem. I just disconnected the drawer control panel, reset the power, then lights and water dispenser are back functioning. I had that control panel once replaced before when the fridge was under extended warranty as water got in control panel compartment and damaged the control panel. Sure poor water seal design. Also I have no issues with not being able to adjust the temperature of the drawer. Thanks Brian.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2022 5:34:48 PM(UTC)

United States

What is the resolution to no lights or water?
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2022 6:30:14 PM(UTC)

United States

hello - I have the same problem but started out with the Fridge not cooling - so this is what I did:
I have a Kitchen aid KRMF706ESS01 refrigerator that stopped working. I replaced the evaporator motor fan in the Fridge and that seemed to turn it back on. a few days later the lights turned off inside, fridge was cold, freezer was not and no ice and no water. I called the Kitchen Aid folks and they sent out a repairman - said my fans were good and he disabled the middle compartment (meats and veggies drawer) said sometimes the wiring goes bad and when it does it shuts every thing down. We reset and everything turned back on, lights, water and cooling was great. Then a few mins after he left, the lights turned off, no water, but can hear the fan I replaced still working. I called the repairman and he said try replacing the evaporator motor fan in the freezer. So I ordered that, but meanwhile another repair man came from a different company to install the freezer motor but said the problem might be the circuit board instead. The board has been on back order for 3 months now.... meanwhile, the fridge is still not functioning and I said I will install the freezer motor myself... but then when I opened the fridge, I noticed everything was cold, still no lights or water or ice, but the freezer was cold (after 2 months of not working) as well.... I opened everything up in the freezer towards the evaporator fan, noticed the coils were cold, had some frost but not frosted over.... I went ahead and replaced the evaporator motor anyway since I was already in there. I turned the power back on - lights are on, water is flowing and both fridge and freezer is cold.... I put a cup of water in the freezer and the water froze over..... one hour later, the lights are back off, the water stopped dispensing, but the fridge is still cold, and freezer is still freezing water.... What is going on with this fridge? Please help me! I have spent over 600.00 on parts and 2 repair man to come to just tell me what they think was wrong without even touching anything. The fridge has been out since Christmas! Thank goodness we have a second fridge in the garage but now that Freezer has stopped working so all I have is a barely working Fridge in the garage. Eating out is starting to be annoying. Please help and thank you
Ed JACKSON  
#48 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2022 3:11:38 PM(UTC)

United States

WHERE IS PLUG BEHIND MEAT DRAWER
#49 Posted : Sunday, May 8, 2022 2:38:38 PM(UTC)

United States

I was having similar issues with a 5yr old Kitchenaid 5door fridge...all interior lights and water dispenser randomly stopped working. Not to be left out, the 'door-ajar' red light/alarm elevated the annoyance factor. After reading this and similar threads, I zeroed in on the wire bundle inside the left deli drawer. I did notice a very slight stress in the webbed sheathing about half way back, but nothing major....likely a snag along the sliding track at some point. There very well could be compromised wire in the bundle.
I simply unfastened the wire harness from the deli drawer....and ALL my issues were magically resolved. BEWARE; the possessed water dispenser seemed to remember some test attempts placed on it over the days prior...and peed all over the floor. Have a cup ready.
I know, its a frustratingly ridiculous bandaid, not a logical solution.....but the relief is still real.
(Note; we have a separate ice maker, and had previously disabled the one on the fridge....so I do not know if this random solution affects the fridge ice maker.)
#50 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 5:01:49 PM(UTC)

United States

Did you plug the wire back in that you undid?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply