Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<23456>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
same problem  
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:14:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have a repairman here as we speak...pulled out the left drawer and the harness is fine...no water/ice being dispensed but it is making ice

sometimes lights, sometimes no lights...2 1/2 years old and already $600 in repairs...but damn I love this fridge!
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2021 7:24:28 AM(UTC)

United States

I had the same issue as everyone else: 5 drawer fridge: no lights inside, no water, wont dispense ice. Pulled the left drawer tray (where you put food), pulled off the plastic cover on the back of the front of the front door which exposes the plug, and disconnected the plug and plugged it back in. Voila. Everything working.

That video is great but just go right to the drawer part. You dont have to do all the rest unless this doesnt fix your issue.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 3:59:08 AM(UTC)

United States

When I took out the wire harness I found it had a broken black wire (sliding the flexible jacket back, after untaping the end, so I could see the wires). I soldered it back together and used heat shrink tubing to protect it put it back together and all working fine again.

I had no lights, no left draw function, no ice and no water. Had to disassemble as per video to get harness out. Mostly love this fridge again.

My only (major) gripe with it is the freezing up the ice dispenser. It still works but since when you open door lets warm air contact the metal grinding plate it creates icing up at the bottom. Every two months I dump ice in plants and turn "bucket" upside down and leave it to dry over night and then replace.
#34 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2021 8:04:28 PM(UTC)

United States

Where can I find the video to remove the drawer?
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 10:23:14 PM(UTC)

United States

in the earlier post
#36 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2021 11:51:01 AM(UTC)

United States

Same problem as everyone else, no lights, no water, no ice, pantry door panel not working.
Took the entire apart and found that the panel on the drawer was filled with water and board has burn marks in it as well as broken wires in the harness. The price to replace the board and drawer front are $1200.

I hate this fridge
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2021 1:14:12 PM(UTC)

United States

Kitchenaide 5 door refrigerator. Thank you !!! Unplugging plug on meat/cold drink/deli-cheese drawer worked!! Inside lights, water and ice operational again!! Happy days !! Saved me a lot of $$. I can do without being able to select what items i put into that drawer (cold drinks/meat/cheese) for now. Thanks for the great advice.
#38 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2021 3:55:16 AM(UTC)

United States

I know this is an old thread, but I just had same issue. The harness connector to unplug (it also fixed mine) is on the backside of the meat drawer front panel. To access it you remove the inner drawer, which gives you access to the backside of the front panel. The inner drawer comes right out, you lift it up and rearward with the drawer fully open. There is a pop in cover over the wire harness connector the snaps into the backside of the front panel (follow the wire harness coming out of the drawer slide) pop that cover off and you’ll have access to the connector. I used a small pick tool to release the harness clip and pulled it apart, and like other said everything else started working properly again.
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 5:15:21 AM(UTC)

United States

I'm a tech and never would've figured this out without these threads. I had the symptoms, no interior lights,no ice, no water and no power to the left pantry draw. Found the black wire completely severed after removing the entire harness, which was process. but thanks to the video I looked like a hero to the customer.
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 9, 2021 7:41:31 AM(UTC)

United States

Replace your water filter. Old water filter will stop the water from flowing when it is old. No warning from your fridge, only warning is no water and no ice.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply