Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<12345>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kitchenaidinator47  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 5:00:25 AM(UTC)
kitchenaidinator47

Groups: Registered
United States

Finally a forum response that answers an issue!

Thanks all for the input on this. I'm having the same issue. Control quit working, lights don't work, deli drawer controls not working. Then the fridge dings and everything is fine again. Going to check out the wiring harness this weekend and see what I find.

Model KRMF706EBS01
Joel K  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2021 1:53:26 PM(UTC)
Joel K

United States

thanks to all for this, been beating my head against the wall trying to speak to someone at kitchenaid (Whirlpool) with no luck at all.
Peter Koo  
#23 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2021 2:09:57 PM(UTC)
Peter Koo

United States

My Fridge is KRMF706ESS00.

I had the similar issue this morning when my daughter was telling me that the lights in the fridge stopped working. Right away, I was alarmed since they may mean that the freezer is also not working. I checked the fridge and sure enough, the light is not working when doors are opened. I tried the water and ice dispenser and they are also not working. The ice dispenser control panel is working so that I know the AC power is working. I also checked the left drawer and did not see any led light lid on the control panel. After reading some of the post, I decide to check the five wire cable assembly for kinks or cuts. The cable seems to be find without any sign of external damage. After checking out the video on how to remove the wire harness, decided it is too involved to perform that task with all the food still inside the Fridge. I happened to read someone removed the crisp drawer (the left drawer) control panel and unplug the two wire connector and it started working. I saw the video on how to remove the drawer control panel and it seems to be easy. I follow the instruction and removed the control panel. After looking at the control panel, I agreed that there is over engineering on this fridge. I removed the two wire connector which I believe is the power to the panel and left the other connector connected. After plugin in AC power, I noticed the led lights inside the fridge started to work but the water dispenser is still not working. I decided to remove AC power and unplug the three wire connector on the control panel and also plug and unplug 2-3 times to make sure the connection is solid. After I done this, I plugged all two connector back into the control panel and re-apply the AC power, right away, I noticed that the fridge seemed different from before, after 2-3 seconds, i heard the compressor kicks in and starts to hums. I checked the led lights inside the fridge, they are working, then I check the water dispenser and it started to work. Last thing I checked is the control panel on the left drawer and the one of the led is on and by pressing the select button, the led moved from one setting to the next.

I don't know what happened but it seems there may be some back contact of some sort the stopped the left drawer control panel from working. Once this control panel stops working, the entire fridge stops to work. We got this fridge around 2016, so it is around 4-5 years old. I am concerned with all these electronic control panel having issues in the future. We still have our original GE fridge sitting in our garage and that fridge is almost 28 years old and have two heating coil replaced in the past 28 years. No fancy electronics and just simple fridge.

I hope this experience helps anyone with this type of fridge.
BillyIDle  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2021 1:42:27 PM(UTC)
BillyIDle

United States

So we are also lucky winners of this lovely problem!!

Just started today,

Door open fault.
No lights inside
No water/ice being dispensed

took the draw off and all the connectors look solid.
It doesnt look to hard to remove the wire harness because the video takes the whole thing apart, I don't see why I cant take it out with just the removal of the meats draw as it gives me access to the harness. The I guess I'll start with inspecting the harness for continuity and see what shakes out.

What I am not sure of is if the Door Open light is on does this shut the fridge and freezer down?

thanks
#25 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 4:43:45 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Same issue here! How did everyone resolve?
#26 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 4:44:42 PM(UTC)

United States

Same issue here! How did everyone resolve? Can someone call or text me. 419-769-2886
#27 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 5:47:50 PM(UTC)

United States

I found one wire to be broke in the harness on mine. Just follow it back when you unplug it and pull the protective sheathing back. Fixed it with a butt connector and heat shrink. All good for now!
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 10:29:02 AM(UTC)

United States

I had the same issue as everyone else here seems to be having. I ordered the wiring bracket that Jamal W. listed in his post and followed the video ha also listed. Took me about 90 minutes to switch out the harness and now everything is running fine.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 5:50:23 AM(UTC)

United States

We are having the exact same problems with our KitchenAid 5-door refrigerator that is about 3 years old. No ice, no water and no lights - the fridge seems to be staying cold but this is seriously frustrating when it isn't that old. We are going to try using all information you wonderful people have posted and see if we can get this issue fixed! Thanks to everyone that posted about this annoying issue!
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:48:53 AM(UTC)

United States

Same problem, no lights working inside and no water/ice. Tried unplugging the wire from the front door panel and replugging with no success. Watched the replacement video. Must all of those parts be removed to check the wiring harness? What did others do (just unplug the fridge first? Also, we do here a constant clicking coming from the fridge. Assume it is related? Thanks jim
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply