Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jtomcanin  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:07:00 PM(UTC)
jtomcanin

Groups: Registered
United States

We unplugged that plug, and the lights all came on and the water started running out for a couple seconds. We plugged the plug back in. Fridge is fixed! THANK YOU!!!
jtomcanin  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:07:54 PM(UTC)
jtomcanin

United States

We unplugged that plug, and the lights all came on and the water started running out for a couple seconds. We plugged the plug back in. Fridge is fixed! THANK YOU!!!
Brian78633  
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:54:57 PM(UTC)
Brian78633

United States

My KitchenAid refrigerator model KRMF706ESS01 purchased in 2017 also had a problem with the lights in all compartments going out, odd issues with the water and ice dispensers not working, and the open door red light would stay on, and of course chirp, even when everything was closed. I could press the water dispenser and nothing would come out, but if I then opened the left drawer water would spray out on the floor and into the left drawer. Resetting main power did not help. But, I discovered that the left drawer seemed to be the source of the problem. I could fiddle with the drawer or the cable on the left underside of the drawer and make the problems go away. The comments in this forum led me to removing the the control panel on the left drawer by prying around the edges (top side of the panel first) with putty knife and simply disconnecting the two cable connectors from the circuit board on the back on the panel. Then, I re-inserted the disconnected panel. All problems are solved. I can no longer adjust anything with that control panel but the drawer is still usable, the same temp as the main refrigerator which hovers around 38-40 degrees (even though I have it set for 33 degrees). I'm OK with that the drawer control panel not working because a replacement costs $300 - $360. Possible cause: water had been getting into the space behind that control panel anytime water drip onto the left drawer. The seal around the control panel is poor at best. Water may have ruined the circuit board (even though it appears to be sealed) connected to the control panel. Thanks to this forum for helping me avoid a large repair bill.

Edited by user Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:57:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

crunchyice  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2020 2:58:23 PM(UTC)
crunchyice

United States

I'm having the same problem. Removing the plugs works for me too. I cannot believe it is 270 for the panel. I came here to find out about how to test the wires coming in because the space for the board is completely dry.

There is a cable that has a continuity test sticker on it. Any tips specific to the KRMF706ESS01 would be appreciated.
Ali80  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 7:55:34 AM(UTC)
Ali80

I unplugged the same cable and everything was working fine but now my water won't dispense. My ice still does. Did anyone else have this problem?
Beccaleccahi  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 8:49:51 AM(UTC)
Beccaleccahi

United States

Me too! Lights are back on, ice works, but not water. ?

Any help would be much appreciated! Contacted manufacturer but not super helpful.
Beccaleccahi  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 9:10:06 AM(UTC)
Beccaleccahi

United States

Update: ice also not working. I think the ice worked at first because it was whatever was leftover.
heinsite2  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 1:06:52 PM(UTC)
heinsite2

United States

Has anyone figured this out? I am having the same issue and not sure which part to buy...I have unplugged both the wire behind the door and pried the panel up on the drawer and disconnected it...then I turned off for more than 10 minutes and turned back on:

The drawer selection panel has been out for a year or so, so don't think replacing that will fix the new situation? since the other functions worked for so long previously

a few days ago in the beginning: just off and restarting for a few days all functions working

New symptoms:
No lights inside the refrigerator and not cooling anymore
When moving the left drawer out...lights on upper main panel come on and beeps..sometimes lights stay on permanently sometimes nothing.
When the lights stay on:
No Water
NO Ice
light works high, low and off
can set temp and showroom switch, etc
heinsite2  
#19 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 8:32:21 AM(UTC)
heinsite2

United States

This part did not fix my issue: W10624574 wpw10624574 Whirlpool Refrigerator Electronic power supply board. This is the smaller board on top.
I will try main control board next and let everyone know.
heinsite2  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:43:43 AM(UTC)
heinsite2

United States

Main board did not fix all the issues, but is not cooling
I replaced the front panel because when you cold the temp adjust button for 3 seconds it would flash...new panel fixed this issue but still not water or ice.
Remaining issues:
LED lights not working...probably the Led Board...
No water or Ice...not sure why these are not working still