Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Biglurr54  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:15:48 AM(UTC)
Biglurr54

Groups: Registered

Our Kitchen Aid fridge began having issues yesterday. My mother in law tripped a ground fault circuit that is before the fridge while I was at work. I came home and reset the circuit and the fridge started back up. When it started back up, the interior lights would not work. They are all LED so its not a bulb socket issue. Also the Ice dispenser did not work, the water dispenser didn't work and the controls on the door were all lit up and would respond to touch but then they would quickly default back within 3 seconds.

I couldnt make any changed on any settings. I unplugged the fridge and gave it a bit and plugged it back in. It didnt change anything.

I pulled out the Ice bin and it was jammed up with a hunk of ice. I remember earlier that morning, i tried to get ice out and the motor spun but it couldnt get the ice out and it seemed jammed. I put everything back together and nothing changed.

I noticed this morning that everything on the control panel is lit up. Normally they turn off when its not being used.

I cant find the model number for the fridge. There is nothing on the doors or inside the fridge. It is similar and could be KRMF706ESS. It looks the same as that one.

1. Where can I find the tag that has the actual model number?
2. How do I reset the computer?
3. How can i check the error codes?
4. Any other ideas of things I can do/try.

Thank you all for your assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sunbdunn18436  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:47:35 PM(UTC)
sunbdunn18436

Hi - I'm having the exact same issue. Fridge was working fine. Opened the door and no LED lights on for any of the doors. Front control panel lights up, but no water or ice. Fridge and freezer appear to be cooling properly. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bobby
Jamel  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:51:21 PM(UTC)
Jamel

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi friends,if you a wondering why the light in your kitchenaid 5 door refrigerator goes out. It has something to do with the meat,beverage, cheese drawer display plug.i have spent two hour trouble shooting this problem all lights out and water and ice inoperable. Just unplug the plug behind the door and all light and water will work I am still trying to figure out what part is causing this but all light and water is working. Hope this help😊
thanks 1 user thanked Jamel for this useful post.
jtomcanin on 11/17/2019(UTC)
Jamel  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:57:07 PM(UTC)
Jamel

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi friends,if you a wondering why the light in your kitchenaid 5 door refrigerator goes out. It has something to do with the meat,beverage, cheese drawer display plug.i have spent two hour trouble shooting this problem all lights out and water and ice inoperable. Just unplug the plug behind the door and all light and water will work I am still trying to figure out what part is causing this but all light and water is working. Hope this help�� I will post the part needed soon once I look into this further.
thanks 1 user thanked Jamel for this useful post.
Brian78633 on 2/27/2020(UTC)
nashfishin  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2018 3:30:07 PM(UTC)
nashfishin

Hi Jamel, if you figured out the part that fixes the drawer display plug problem please post the details. I am also having the same problem. The alarm stopped after unplugging the drawer connector and powering on/off the fridge. Now I am wondering what part is faulty.
TheDawg1  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 8:03:18 PM(UTC)
TheDawg1

Unpluging the drawer worked for me too. Hoping you have figured it out. Dont want to go replacing a $300 part if I dont have to.
TheDawg1  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2018 6:27:17 PM(UTC)
TheDawg1

Thanks for the info! That said.. if the cause is a spill of liquid on the tray.. then i would consider this a pretty major design flaw..
Yonzoe  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2018 8:02:32 AM(UTC)
Yonzoe

How do you unplug the door panel?
jtomcanin  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:07:00 PM(UTC)
jtomcanin

United States

We unplugged that plug, and the lights all came on and the water started running out for a couple seconds. We plugged the plug back in. Fridge is fixed! THANK YOU!!!
jtomcanin  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:07:54 PM(UTC)
jtomcanin

United States

We unplugged that plug, and the lights all came on and the water started running out for a couple seconds. We plugged the plug back in. Fridge is fixed! THANK YOU!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply