Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<26272829>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeWolfes  
#271 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 11:42:03 PM(UTC)
MikeWolfes

Groups: Registered

hello .. joining the helping hand on all things appliances .. it would be great to get expert advices in turn of seeking any fix against any damages
MikeWolfes  
#272 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:02:20 AM(UTC)
MikeWolfes

is there any pics of the process to get it better ? possibly posting them would help me much along with others as well
esypes  
#273 Posted : Friday, September 26, 2014 12:38:20 PM(UTC)
esypes

Hi Gene,

I had this error and sent the control board to Corecentric for repair. I had it back in 2 days. When I hooked it up two of my control panel buttons were not working. The ribbon cable looked pretty beat up so I ordered a control panel from this web site and had it overnighted. Same thing only different buttons now. Some work and some don't. The right side lower oven off does not work and the left side upper and lower oven buttons along with convection do not work.

Any ideas before I just go new oven shopping tomorrow?

I had the board repaired and also bought part # AP3043893 (8300440)
My oven is part # GBD307PDB7

Thanks,

Eric
Carolinian  
#274 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 7:14:56 PM(UTC)
Carolinian

Hello,

I have a 7 yr old Whirlpool double oven, GBD307PRY01, that stopped working around 6 months back. It start with an E6 F2 code initially and would work sporadically. Then recently, display is dead, oven lights work and keypad buttons beep. Oven does not turn on.

So, I opened it up and gently cleaned the ribbon with IPA and reconnected it back and still dead (lights work, buttons beep). Also checked the fuse with a multimeter and it checks out fine. From reading the messages in this thread, seems like it is a control board issue. Is that right?

Also, how do I disconnect the wires on the relay (there are 4 black connectors on the left side with wires that are impossible to yank off) of the control board. Here is a pic of the area in question (you can see the 2 relays on the left and right and the wires to the bottom harness and the one behind it).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/...kdZdVZR/edit?usp=sharing

Can someone please let me know how to get these wires off so I can try replacing the control board?

Thanks a bunch!
Carolinian  
#275 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 8:33:21 AM(UTC)
Carolinian

Just answering my own question. It was pretty hard to yank off the wires from the relay but all it needed was a good hard tug. As for the other 2 harnesses, that also would not pull out easily, I had to push it up by placing a screwdriver under the black connector and then pull it out. Those were really hard to figure out for me. Hope this helps someone :)
Carolinian  
#276 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:14:49 AM(UTC)
Carolinian

A final update on my journey to fix the oven. I also tested the fuse with a multimeter and the resistance was fine (so that was not the problem). Ordered the control board assembly (board + black plastic cover) from Appliance Parts Pros, for about $260 and replaced it in the oven. After plugging in the connectors, I turned on the switch at the circuit breaker and then switched on the oven, it worked like a charm. Also tested it for a month to see how it performs and we are back to normal now.

I had asked good repair places and they quoted over $500 to fix it. APP shipped quickly and delivered the board in a couple of days and I was very pleased with them. Thank you, APP
Kafansler  
#277 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:24:39 AM(UTC)
Kafansler

I have a Whirlpool double wall oven with intermittent error code E6 F2. Sometimes the ovens work and then sometimes they won't. After reading the above posts I think it is probably a control board going out. I have looked and can't find a control board that is still in production. Can anyone help? Model number is RBD305PDB12 ser # CPO403303.

Thanks
Kyle
malimalek@yahoo.com  
#278 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 4:11:39 PM(UTC)
malimalek@yahoo.com

Hi
Yesterday we used self-clean cycle of oven. The temperature was very high, so after few hours the door of oven locked. we wait to be cool but it doesn't open till now! the display doesn't show anything. We pull out oven from the cabinet and opened the back of oven. my question is how can I bypass the fuze? and remove the fuze? Actually I don't know what happened after self-clean! Would you please help me.
F.Riahi
gregdavis11009  
#279 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:40:45 AM(UTC)
gregdavis11009

I had to go onto the chat window but the Sears agent was able to find the part for the control panel (the black one) base on my oven model number (GBD277PDS09). $212.34 including shipping & tax. Good luck!
gregdavis11009  
#280 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:56:11 AM(UTC)
gregdavis11009

Hey Kafansler,

Try this link for your model (RBD305PDB12):

"https://www.fix.com/models/wall-oven/whirlpool/id236672/rbd305pdb12/section760684/control-panel/"
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply