Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<2021222324>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#211 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:42:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome. Are the ice cubes the same size as they used to be?

Gene.
jewels74  
#212 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:44:28 PM(UTC)
jewels74

Groups: Registered

Hi,
They seem to be a little bit longer than they used to be.
Jewels74
Gene  
#213 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:02:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Looks like the ice maker itself is bad.

- The ice maker Part number: 2198597
Part number: 2198597

Gene.
aj60467  
#214 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:57:41 AM(UTC)
aj60467

Hi Gene
My refridgerator is model KSCS25INSS00 and there's ice in the tray but does not dispense to bin as of yesterday. I looked at the flashing light on the right and it flashes twice then pause twice pause pattern with 'door' open or closed. Does that mean it needs a new PC board? If so are there specific instructions on how to change?

Thank you
Gene  
#215 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 12:53:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: aj60467 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene
My refridgerator is model KSCS25INSS00 and there's ice in the tray but does not dispense to bin as of yesterday. I looked at the flashing light on the right and it flashes twice then pause twice pause pattern with 'door' open or closed. Does that mean it needs a new PC board? If so are there specific instructions on how to change?

Thank you

Hello,

Perform the troubleshooting as instructed in the attached file and post the results.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
In door ice system - component diagnostics.doc (167kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
DetDB  
#216 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:01:45 PM(UTC)
DetDB

Where is the emitter board located. The IDE maker led light flashes twice, even when the door simulator is pushed in. I believe the emitter board is the culprit. Is this a correct assumption.
Gene  
#217 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:36:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello,

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.
cajunyota  
#218 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:53:27 PM(UTC)
cajunyota

Gene, I hate to beat a dead horse with this and I am sure that this is a continuous question/issue that people bring up to you. I've read through the forum on the ice maker issue and looked through the trouble shooting guide that you've posted, however, I am unclear on what to do/how to figure out what may be wrong. Anyhow, I have a KitchenAid refrigerator, Model # KSCS25INSS00, Serial # SR4841204, MFG Date: 12-04. The freezer was spewing water all over the inside and leaking out on the floor, turned off the water supple and the ice maker switch on the inside, right side of the freezer. I later turned the water supply and ice maker switch back to on, yet no ice was dispenced from the maker into the door container. I removed the ice maker and there is ice in the maker, but it is not ejecting. There was a minimal amount of frost in the water feeder tube that feeds the ice maker. When the freezer door is open, the LED pulses twice, when i depress the flapper on the left inside of the freezer, the LED becomes solid. I checked voltage between L and N on the ice maker and got nothing, disconnected the connector to the ice maker and voltage between line and neutral on the connector only showed about 90VAC. What further troubleshooting steps can I take to figure this out? Thanks.
robh1  
#219 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:04:26 PM(UTC)
robh1

Similar to post above, I have no voltage between L & N which if I'm following this thread correctly seems like a bad icemaker.

But at the wiring harness, I only get about 35 VAC between black and white. Does that imply that there is a bigger problem somewhere deep inside the fridge electronics?

Thanks,

Rob
rbkean  
#220 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:17:28 PM(UTC)
rbkean

Not sure if I'm entering this forum correctly but have same problem n appreciate any help/guidance/recommendation. Kitchen aid KSBS25INBLOO with ice maker #2198597 stopped making ice. Watched videos n checked all I could. Everything "seems" ok ---no corrosion on any copper electrical connections etc---no mold buildup--orange/red light flashes and goes steady as appropriate----ejector arms in up position but no water enters/flows into mold chamber. Don't know if need new ice maker unit or water flow valve---or whatever. Any thoughts/recommendations appreciated. Thx much!
Bob
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply