Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

25 Pages«<232425
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#241 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 8:27:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have one question: did you do any troubleshooting or you just replacing parts one by one?

If you did do the troubleshooting then what was the result? Post it here and we will proceed further.

You may want to go back to the very first page of this thread for more detailed instructions.
CitadelBlue  
#242 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 11:20:17 AM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

Groups: Registered

Gene,

Troubleshooting? Yep .... read all the forum posts about NO ice. Checked for ice jam in the ice maker ... no ice/no water. I did not reverse the wires to the solenoid, but the solenoid seemed to be the major cause of the NO ice in the forum posts. AND based on experiences I had with an older Whirlpool frig .. the lack of ice was a result of no water/bad solenoid. AT this time I did not note whether the LED beam was working. Once the solenoid arrived and it was installed and again checked for water flow and solenoid operation. Main single solenoid working, water flowing to/from filter to double solenoid. Water dispenser working. Assuming ice maker solenoid working. Still no ice/no water flow to ice maker. Time for hair dryer to water line to ice maker. Hair dryer applied to ice maker then to water line at bottom door. Still no water flow. Looked at some forum posts that pointed toward the LED beam with units that had ice maker/storage bin IN the freezer. Problem pointed toward the circuit boards. Re-looked at forum for someone with Whirlpool frig similar to mine with both ice maker and ice bin in the door. Then found an older forum post from Fred in Hawaii . But forum post never updated with results. He did post an email address so I emailed him and his response pointed me to LED circuit boards.

Before I removed the boards to obtain the replacement part numbers, I did not have any LED illuminated, no LED beam.... so I'm thinking .... no LED beam to trigger the ice maker.

AM I replacing parts ? Seems like I am.

Can I test power before or to the circuit boards?

What are your thoughts?

Ken in VA
t189dms  
#243 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 5:48:54 PM(UTC)
t189dms

Hi Gene,
I would really appreciate your advice regarding an issue that we are having with our Whirlpool GSC25C4EYY03 refrigerator. Came back from vacation and found the ice maker is no making ice. Reading posts regarding similar issues, I believe that the problem may be with the sensor that shuts the unit down when the bin is full. I've removed the bin, pushed both switches on the top of the unit to simulate the door being closed. I see no light beam from the sensor. I tried locating the sensor on the parts list, but do not see it listed. There are circuit boards, but maybe I'm missing it. Am I correct that the sensor is likely the problem and, if so, can you direct me to the correct part number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dave
t189dms  
#244 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 5:50:37 PM(UTC)
t189dms

Hi Gene,
I would really appreciate your advice regarding an issue that we are having with our Whirlpool GSC25C4EYY03 refrigerator. Came back from vacation and found the ice maker is no making ice. Reading posts regarding similar issues, I believe that the problem may be with the sensor that shuts the unit down when the bin is full. I've removed the bin, pushed both switches on the top of the unit to simulate the door being closed. I see no light beam from the sensor. I tried locating the sensor on the parts list, but do not see it listed. There are circuit boards, but maybe I'm missing it. Am I correct that the sensor is likely the problem and, if so, can you direct me to the correct part number. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dave
Dean Haustead  
#245 Posted : Monday, March 20, 2017 9:05:34 PM(UTC)
Dean Haustead

The water inlet valve is an electrically-controlled valve that opens to supply water to the distributor and ice maker. If the water inlet valve is defective, or if it has insufficient pressure, it won’t allow water to flow through. As a result, the ice maker won’t make ice. The valve requires at least 20 psi to function properly. Make sure that the water pressure to the valve is at least 20 psi. If the water force is sufficient, use a multimeter to check for power to the water inlet valve. If the water inlet valve has sufficient pressure and is getting power, but the ice maker won’t fill with water to make ice, replace the water inlet valve.
MrGman  
#246 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 5:41:08 PM(UTC)
MrGman

Hi Gene,
Kitchenaid model no KBLC36FTS04

Wondering if you can help.
The Ice maker has suddenly started to become intermittent.
It works sometimes, others it wont.
The red led flashes twice when the draw is open...when the flap on the left is closed and the door switch is pushed in the led goes out.
From what I understand this light should be on constantly.. as it will make ice when it is....when the ice breaks the light it should stop making ice ?
Does this mean I need to replace the led control boards? and if so which part number do I need to order?

Thanks in advance
Gene  
#247 Posted : Sunday, April 2, 2017 7:36:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: MrGman Go to Quoted Post

...The red led flashes twice when the draw is open...when the flap on the left is closed and the door switch is pushed in the led goes out...

Hi, MrGman.

Why did you push the door switch?

Just press in the flapper door and watch the LED.

If the LED stays on solid, then optics are working correctly.

If the LED pulses, the optics are faulty and would need to be replaced. Unfortunately, the parts are expensive.

The receiver comes as a part of the divider. Part number: AP6018816
Part number: AP6018816

The emitter comes as a part of the spacer. Part number: AP6019465
Part number: AP6019465

Good luck. Keep us posted.
CitadelBlue  
#248 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 4:19:41 AM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

Morning Gene .... my background ice maker issues are posted above..... in summary
I have a working water dispenser
I ve replaced the double solenoid valve, both emitter boards, and the ice maker.
I see a red LED from the left emitter board when the ice bin is in place. It does go out after a few minutes.
I ve jumped the ice maker but it doesnt cycle.
Thoughts?
Gene  
#249 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 12:58:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hello.

What is the part number of the new ice maker?

Please, describe how did you jump the ice maker.

Pull the ice maker out. Looking at the ice maker head from the mold and heater assembly (back of the head), locate the slot for the shut-off arm (old design) in the left upper corner of the head. This slot is for the on-off switch inside the head. Using a flat screwdriver, try to turn it counterclockwise. Put everything back together and give it a try.

Good luck.
CitadelBlue  
#250 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 2:30:25 PM(UTC)
CitadelBlue

Ice maker P/N: AP6017832

Jumped the ice maker to harvest ice
1. Turned power off at circuit breaker
2. Removed ice bin
3. Removed inner door cover/housing that covers ice maker (2 philips screws)
4. Removed ice maker head cover
5. Inserted wire in holes T and H to harvesting ice (Picture)
6. Reinserted ice bin to close switch on emitter board
7. Turned power back on
8. Since the inner door panel is off I closed the switches that extinguished the interior lights
9. Watched and waited ....... nothing...

On-off switch inside the head (Picture)
Inserted screwdriver. Switch turns clockwise then counterclockwise.
Nothing .....
CitadelBlue attached the following image(s):
ice maker 2.jpg
Ice Maker 1.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply