Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richappy  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 12:38:57 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good,no refrigeration problems, points to a bad board I mentioned, unless you want to keep the box fan on it permanently.
chrison600  
#52 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:20:42 PM(UTC)
chrison600

Groups: Registered

Ok. I replaced the second control board. Condenser fan now seems to be operating normally (every time I check, it's running).

However, occasionally the compressor will get more noisy (same noise, just louder) and the freezer temp will elevate. It's like clockwork: compressor noise increases, check the temps, freezer is elevating, divider gets hot, eventually temps go back to normal.

Ideas?

Chris
richappy  
#53 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:20:38 PM(UTC)
richappy

If you have a meter, I would start by monitoring the voltage to the fridg from the wall outlet, seems like you have a power problem.
chrison600  
#54 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:22:32 PM(UTC)
chrison600

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
If you have a meter, I would start by monitoring the voltage to the fridg from the wall outlet, seems like you have a power problem.

I have a basic multi meter, but nothing that would record activity. Do I need a long-term record, or just to monitor for a few minutes? What am I looking for?

Chris
chrison600  
#55 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 6:39:48 AM(UTC)
chrison600

The inverter box has a discolored spot on the side away from the compressor that is warm to the touch.

Chris
richappy  
#56 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:58:16 AM(UTC)
richappy

Your inverter box might be overheating and shutting down periodically. I would check inside to confirm.
Also,measure the input voltage to the fridg when you have a problem.
chrison600  
#57 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:19:58 PM(UTC)
chrison600

Your inverter box might be overheating and shutting down periodically. I would check inside to confirm.
Also,measure the input voltage to the fridg when you have a problem.

Compressor is currently more noisy than normal. Freezer temp is 7F, but this seems to be the "normal" temp when the compressor is noisy. Voltage at the wall is 122.5 +/- .1.

Chris
richappy  
#58 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:48:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

Evidence points to a bad inverter box, unfortunately, there is no easy way to test the compressor except to install a new inverter box. One way to verify the inverter box is bad is to check the total current into the inverter box. Lower than normal current would confirm a bad inverter box.
chrison600  
#59 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2012 10:34:48 AM(UTC)
chrison600

Evidence points to a bad inverter box, unfortunately, there is no easy way to test the compressor except to install a new inverter box. One way to verify the inverter box is bad is to check the total current into the inverter box. Lower than normal current would confirm a bad inverter box.

I have a new inverter box (purchased from here), and I'm trying to install it, but I'm having a tough time getting to the connectors on the compressor. I've got the other connectors disconnected and the inverter box out on the floor, but I can't figure out how to get the black plastic cover off of the connector box on the side of the compressor. Without this cover off, I can't get to the connectors at all.

What's the trick to getting that cover off?

Thanks,

Chris
chrison600  
#60 Posted : Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:18:02 PM(UTC)
chrison600

Never mind. I got it. New inverter is installed and fridge is plugged back in. Fan and compressor kicked on right away. I've got my fingers crossed.

I also added a 1-outlet APC surge protector to perhaps prevent this fro happening again.

Chris