Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richappy  
#61 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 12:06:19 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have never worked on these, you might want to re-post this for somebody else to explain. Only thing I can advise is to pry open the old box with a screwdriver, then you will see how it is held together.
chrison600  
#62 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 4:56:26 AM(UTC)
chrison600

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
I have never worked on these, you might want to re-post this for somebody else to explain. Only thing I can advise is to pry open the old box with a screwdriver, then you will see how it is held together.

I was referencing the black plastic cover on the side of the compressor that covers where the inverter-compressor lead is connected to the side of the compressor. This was not replaced, so there is no old box to open.

There are a couple of tech articles indicating that you can open the inverter box. Both the original and the new inverter box had epoxy over the screw head that needs to be removed in order to access the inverter internals. This is an indication to me that the inverter box is no longer to be serviced, although it might be done to discourage opening of the inverter box because too many thought it was the housing for the main control board.

Chris
richappy  
#63 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 5:54:29 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Glad you got it going. The old inverter box had one phase blown out, it would have been nice to confirm the failure by opening the box.