Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ldonts1  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2008 6:09:56 AM(UTC)
ldonts1

Groups: Registered

I have had my bosch dryer for just over a year (warranty not applicable) and for the past 3 weeks the dryer turns off with out finishing the cycle and I get an error message E0:1 and the lint filter light starts blinking. I have cleaned out the filter several times and nothing works. It has gotten so bad that I can not dry my clothes and it all smells. Any help would be appreciated.

Lana
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Servicer  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 8:55:01 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

Hello,
The E:01 is a code that is generated when the sensor near the lint filter gets too hot. This is usually caused by bad air flow.
Try running the unit without the vent hose attached. If the problem goes away the problem is in the ducting. You may need to have it cleaned out. I've also seen this if the lint filter is clogged due to the use of dryer sheets or fabric softener. You can try to clean the filter with Windex if this is a possibility.
If neither one of this suggestions resolves the issue there may be a problem with the sensor, Bosch part number 154166, or there may be heat escaping somewhere within the dryer.
Dryer Dad  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:43:09 PM(UTC)
Dryer Dad

First poster had it right. It's in the duct work and probably outside where the duct work exits.

The trap door on the dryer vent may be full of lint and not letting the hot air pass. This might be esp true if the vent has a rodent barrier. The lint has collected on the barrier and is blocking the airflow.

Check the outside vent.
libertyappl  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:45:48 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Check you venting system all thru the dryer, it may have a blockage, causing it to shut down and smell.
mrdeeds  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:02:27 AM(UTC)
mrdeeds

After much frustration over the constant Lint Filter Error that stops the drying cycle before it's done, and having the technicians come out and tell me it's a common problem, clean out my filter (like I didn't try that before) and leave without fixing it, I took matters into my own hands.

It's a simple fix. Have you ever noticed that they have provided the worlds smallest filter mesh. I don't know how anything could ever get through that thing including air. FIND A THUMB TACK AND POKE HOLES IN YOUR FILTER ABOUT EVERY CENTIMETER. SHOULD BE ABOUT 200 HOLES TOTAL. NOW AIR GETS THROUGH AND DOES NOT TRIGGER THE SENSOR. PROBLEM SOLVED.:cool:
mrdeeds  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:04:37 AM(UTC)
mrdeeds

Poke Holes In The Lint Filter With A Thumb Tack. It's Not The Duct Work.
mrdeeds  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:06:36 AM(UTC)
mrdeeds

Poke Holes In The Lint Filter With A Thumb Tack. About 200 Will Do. It Fixed My Problems After Months Of Failed Attempts To Fix.
Servicer  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 20, 2008 1:25:13 PM(UTC)
Servicer

Originally Posted by:
mrdeeds
Go to Quoted Post
After much frustration over the constant Lint Filter Error that stops the drying cycle before it's done, and having the technicians come out and tell me it's a common problem, clean out my filter (like I didn't try that before) and leave without fixing it, I took matters into my own hands.

It's a simple fix. Have you ever noticed that they have provided the worlds smallest filter mesh. I don't know how anything could ever get through that thing including air. FIND A THUMB TACK AND POKE HOLES IN YOUR FILTER ABOUT EVERY CENTIMETER. SHOULD BE ABOUT 200 HOLES TOTAL. NOW AIR GETS THROUGH AND DOES NOT TRIGGER THE SENSOR. PROBLEM SOLVED.:cool:

If the lint light is coming on without an error code it's not due to the lint screen being blocked up. The most common cause of this is the door switch opening up when after the dryer heats up. When this happens the unit feels the door has opened and turns on the lock light as a reminder to clean the lint screen. You may not believe me, so you can test this by starting your dryer then opening the door. You'll notice that the lint light will come on.

A clogged lint screen will cause the E:01 code along with the lint light.
Ron Aldof  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:43:04 PM(UTC)
Ron Aldof

Sink. You can clean the lint filter under the water by scrubbing it with the brush. Not hard to do. Old Frigidaire dryers used to have the same fine mess. Cause poor heating. E1 is set off by imprper air circulation. Try this before poking holes in the lint filter. That may cause more prblems down the road. Leaving lint in the vents. :)
NeedHelp!!!  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 10:15:37 PM(UTC)
NeedHelp!!!

Originally Posted by: Servicer Go to Quoted Post
If the lint light is coming on without an error code it's not due to the lint screen being blocked up. The most common cause of this is the door switch opening up when after the dryer heats up. When this happens the unit feels the door has opened and turns on the lock light as a reminder to clean the lint screen. You may not believe me, so you can test this by starting your dryer then opening the door. You'll notice that the lint light will come on.

A clogged lint screen will cause the E:01 code along with the lint light.

Hello,

In the scenario above, what would be the solution for the problem? How do you fix it? Thank you!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply