Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KRCASON  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 2:20:28 PM(UTC)
KRCASON

Groups: Registered

Fridge quit cooling, but freezer is fine. Local repair shop through Samsung has made 3 attempts to repair, but no luck. Out of warranty. I studied the Samsung manual and disassembled panel inside fridge compartment and found evap assy completely frozen up with ice in ducts of panel. Manually defrosted, reassembled, but refroze in 5 days. Checked codes on computer panel on fridge and it has a "ref def heater error". Checked continuity on heater element and there was no continuity. Can defrost element be replaced or do I need the whole evap assy? How difficult to replace? Appears to be one unit (defroster and evap) Works great as long as I remove panel and manually defrost with "hair dryer".
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

crika  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 2, 2009 2:56:25 PM(UTC)
crika

Where can I find the diagnostic codes for this refrigerator?I pressed the power freeze and power cool buttons simultaneously to test.You have two digits indicating the freezer temperature.On the second digit there is a single dash lit up on the bottom of the number.Any help finding codes would be greatly appreciated.
denman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 7:36:08 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
crika  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 3, 2009 5:12:13 PM(UTC)
crika

Thanks for the wealth of info! YOU ARE DE (N) MAN!
crika  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 8:44:33 AM(UTC)
crika

thanks........
texascats  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2009 7:08:31 AM(UTC)
texascats

Originally Posted by: KRCASON Go to Quoted Post
Fridge quit cooling, but freezer is fine. Local repair shop through Samsung has made 3 attempts to repair, but no luck. Out of warranty. I studied the Samsung manual and disassembled panel inside fridge compartment and found evap assy completely frozen up with ice in ducts of panel. Manually defrosted, reassembled, but refroze in 5 days. Checked codes on computer panel on fridge and it has a "ref def heater error". Checked continuity on heater element and there was no continuity. Can defrost element be replaced or do I need the whole evap assy? How difficult to replace? Appears to be one unit (defroster and evap) Works great as long as I remove panel and manually defrost with "hair dryer".

Had the same issue and after replacing the board, a fan, and a thermocouple, they finally had to take the fridge into the shop to remove the freon and cut through the copper by the evap assy to replace a probe inside. Service and parts were covered under 5 year warranty. Just got fridge back today.:)
wilsonb  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2010 7:37:20 PM(UTC)
wilsonb

Ive got the same problem. Defrosted with blow dreyer and it refroze 5 days later.
Any solution to this? I don't know if the defroster inside is out or the computer is not telling it to defrost. Im almost tempted to wire in a manual swith .

Any info will help on this common problem

Thanks
texascats  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:37:26 AM(UTC)
texascats

Originally Posted by: wilsonb Go to Quoted Post
Ive got the same problem. Defrosted with blow dreyer and it refroze 5 days later.
Any solution to this? I don't know if the defroster inside is out or the computer is not telling it to defrost. Im almost tempted to wire in a manual swith .

Any info will help on this common problem

Thanks

Had the same issue, the problem is with the evaporative assembly, the service guy finally took the fridge into the shop to remove the freon and cut through the copper by the evap assy to replace a probe inside. Service and parts were covered under 5 year warranty. Have not had any other issues.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...post270074#ixzz0yryL4luf
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
wilsonb  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 2:26:09 PM(UTC)
wilsonb

Could you take a photo of where it is located? I have the service manual, but when you talk about them having to cut copper and remove freeon to get to it, makes me worried..

Is there more info on how to "Do it yourself"
texascats  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 7:51:34 PM(UTC)
texascats

Sorry I don't have pictures, but after you have removed everything and just have the coils showing, on the upper left of the coils there is the part that I believe goes into the back of the refridgerator, anyway there is a probe encased in that part and the only way to get to it is to cut through to it to change it out, solder it back and replace the freon. The service that worked on my fridge, which is a RS267LASH, is Concho Valley Appliance Service in San Angelo, TX, phone 325-949-6809, and ask for Homer, he is the technician that worked on it. I am sure he will remember and can give you more specifics of what needs to be done. The part is covered under a 5 year warranty.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply