Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe / APP Team  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 6:37:57 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GFALO Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your help.

It's a pleasure,

Make sure you let us know what you find when you're finished,

We'd really appreciate the information.

:) :) :)
tomkarl  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:05:14 AM(UTC)
tomkarl

Groups: Registered

Having the exact same problem with the bracket on the motion sensor. Waiting for customer service to get back to me. I have the correct control board. To the OP, did you return yours to APP? If you did, I think they sold it to me.

Pictures here:

[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/07qhkt[/IMG]
[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/puiauk[/IMG]
Joe / APP Team  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:07:53 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: tomkarl Go to Quoted Post
Having the exact same problem with the bracket on the motion sensor. Waiting for customer service to get back to me. I have the correct control board. To the OP, did you return yours to APP? If you did, I think they sold it to me.

Pictures here:

[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/07qhkt[/IMG]
[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/puiauk[/IMG]

Tom,

I wonder if you may be correct, you and Gfalo, are the only two consumers having a problem with this part.

You do have the same model and serial number, since there are 3 kits based on the serial number of the unit.

We never heard back from Gfalo, so we have no idea of what solved the mounting problem, he had.

Thanks for the pictures, they really helped a lot. I can't see any way to properly remedy the situation, other than orderring another part.

And we'd appreciate an update when you get the washer working.

Thanks,
tomkarl  
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:19:09 AM(UTC)
tomkarl

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Tom,

I wonder if you may be correct, you and Gfalo, are the only two consumers having a problem with this part.

You do have the same model and serial number, since there are 3 kits based on the serial number of the unit.

We never heard back from Gfalo, so we have no idea of what solved the mounting problem, he had.

Thanks for the pictures, they really helped a lot. I can't see any way to properly remedy the situation, other than orderring another part.

And we'd appreciate an update when you get the washer working.

Thanks,

I was hoping that APP could send out a new motion sensor since I have the control panel already installed. I'm not sure what I need to do at this point to get the proper part and get my washer running. At least with the old control board in place I could get some wash done by draining it with gravity. I'm not sure it'll even run with the new control board and no motion sensor.

My model number is MAH6700AWW and the serial number is 11745656GX. Gene helped me get the part number to order, so I think the correct part number was ordered.

Please advise.
tomkarl  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:32:50 AM(UTC)
tomkarl

Actually, all I really need is just the correct mounting bracket for the Motion Sensor, but I'd suppose it isn't sold separately?
Joe / APP Team  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:53:55 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Actually, all I really need is just the correct mounting bracket for the Motion Sensor, but I'd suppose it isn't sold separately?

Tom,

OK,

You're correct, the control won't work properly without the sensor,

For the time being, you could mount the sensor, as best possible, using the center support screw and aligning and centerring the sensor assembly as best possible.

You're also correct, individual parts are not listed or available for parts sold as a "kit", but I'm sure you'll work that out, once we get evrything working.

Keep in touch,

:cool: :cool: :cool:
tomkarl  
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:20:55 AM(UTC)
tomkarl

I have the motion sensor mounted and working in a temporary location. I had to mount it on another hole as I would have had to bend the bracket on the sensor to get it under the wire saddle.

Here are a couple of pics:

[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/3ca5d3[/IMG]

[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/78yi92[/IMG]

The washer is running fine.

I didn't get her name, but the woman who helped me on the phone to resolve a replacement part was very helpful and professional.

Thanks Joe for your help. I'll post when I get the replacement.

Tom.
Joe / APP Team  
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 12:34:38 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I have the motion sensor mounted and working in a temporary location. I had to mount it on another hole as I would have had to bend the bracket on the sensor to get it under the wire saddle.

Here are a couple of pics:

[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/3ca5d3[/IMG]

[IMG]https://files.me.com/tomkarl/78yi92[/IMG]

The washer is running fine.

I didn't get her name, but the woman who helped me on the phone to resolve a replacement part was very helpful and professional.

Thanks Joe for your help. I'll post when I get the replacement.

Tom.

Tom,

Very nice, in fact you have it mounted in a simillar location as the newer version of that washer.

Glad your up and running.

I'll let Sandra's supervisor know you appreciate her assistance, she volunteered to take care of you, for me.

I'll keep an eye out for your next post.

Thanks,
GFALO  
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:32:38 PM(UTC)
GFALO

I could find no solution from the help desk. What I ended up doing is unscrewing the sensor from the mounting bracket, turned the bracket over and re-mounted the sensor to the top of the bracket. I used the far right hole to mount it to the front of the machine, in the proper spot. The other end of the bracket was placed under the metal brace. I unscrewed the brace, put the bracket under it and screwed the brace down on top of the bracket. It was a tight fit, but it has held the sensor in place for 3-4 months and the washing machine has worked fine.

Good luck, not sure there is anything else I could have done, since the help desk stated they had no other bracket. Good luck!
tomkarl  
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:07:43 PM(UTC)
tomkarl

Originally Posted by: GFALO Go to Quoted Post
I could find no solution from the help desk. What I ended up doing is unscrewing the sensor from the mounting bracket, turned the bracket over and re-mounted the sensor to the top of the bracket. I used the far right hole to mount it to the front of the machine, in the proper spot. The other end of the bracket was placed under the metal brace. I unscrewed the brace, put the bracket under it and screwed the brace down on top of the bracket. It was a tight fit, but it has held the sensor in place for 3-4 months and the washing machine has worked fine.

Good luck, not sure there is anything else I could have done, since the help desk stated they had no other bracket. Good luck!

I'll watch for what comes on Monday. If it's the same bracket I'll look at turning the bracket over as you've done. Thanks for the info.