Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dnmll  
#61 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:12:47 AM(UTC)
dnmll

Groups: Registered

I'm glad to see Andy got his up and running again. Good work Andy!
firefour1  
#62 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:08:14 PM(UTC)
firefour1

Dick,

The parts all arrived this morning and placed the bearings in the spinner assembly.

Unfortunately, on the first hit on the lower tub bearing, the side of the tub cracked, it's about 14" long so, what started out looking like a winner didn't end up that way. I'd placed the tub out in the garage this morning while I worked on the spinner, it's about 45 degrees out there so the plastic must be brittle at reduced temperatures.

Kyle
dh1200s  
#63 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 2:48:51 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

Sorry to hear that, I mention in the thread about a hammer blow glance. It happend to me but no real damage. Maybe a fiber glass patch/reinforcement will take care of that. What do you think?

I placed the tub on a couple of layers of old carpet while I pounded out the old Outer Tub bearings and pounded in the new.

I hope you can proceed, I will check in after work tonight.........Dick
mitchellb  
#64 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:45:31 PM(UTC)
mitchellb

I need help along the same guidlines. I have read all your posts concerning the bearings on both the Spinner Support and the Outer Tub. I don't remember seeing anything that would give me a correct way of getting the old Bearings out of the Spindle Support and also removing the old Tub Seal and replacing it with a new one. Dick your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. I have the 10 Series of the fav68000
dh1200s  
#65 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 12:15:41 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

mitchellb,

Can you e-mail me I have additional infor for you.

Down my Download vCard and I will forward you some info on bearing removal.........Dick
mitchellb  
#66 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:36:49 AM(UTC)
mitchellb

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
mitchellb,

Can you e-mail me I have additional infor for you.

Down my Download vCard and I will forward you some info on bearing removal.........Dick

Sorry Dick but my computer won't let me download the Vcard, something about I don' t have Microsoft Server. Is there anyother method I can attain your email address?
Anyway, last evening I was able to get the upper bearing out of the spindle but the splined needle one was very stubborn. Although it looks perfect I was wondering weather I should proceed with it? I forgot to mention I had leakage and a frozen Pulley, which I was able to free up and works fine now. Everything is torn down and needs to be cleaned and repaired. The last item I am concerned with is the Tub Seal. I don't know how to remove and replace. It seems very hard and wont budge. Should I just rip it with a tool? I am having trouble finding Slick 50 Lube. What else do you reccomend? Thanks again.
dh1200s  
#67 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 9:03:13 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Hey mitchellb,

I believe I used my ½&#8221; socket extension to remove. Should be easy to remove with the 6002 bearing removed from the Spinner Support.

I got the INA SCE-910 caged needle bearing from Eureka Bearing Inc. Hunting Beach Ca. 714-895-3555 just tried the number and went to their VM. Their p/n for the SCE-910 seems to penciled in on the box as J-910. If your original looks good and the agitator shaft spins OK in it then it's your call, You could just relube with good water proof grease and continue with the rebuild. The agitator shaft turns at low RPM 45 to 90 indicated RPM depending on the wash cycle and what part of the wash cycle your are in. The Outer Tub bearings are turnig a bit faster 850 RPM for the FAV6800A and 1K RPM for the FAV9800A per the SM.

I feel many folks would not go thru the effort to rebuild the Outer Tub. Once done you will added 5yrs + of service life to your 1$K machine. Good for you my friend. You are now a FAV6800A/FAV9800A expert.....welcome to the club:)

I&#8217;m glad you had no problem removing the Spinner Bolts.

Slick 50 One-Lube was from Wal-Mart maybe Ace Hardware or stop by your local Auto Parts store.

The One-Way Roller Clutches needle bearing in the Clutch Pulley and Upper Bearing ring are low speed bearings designed to lock up in one direction the CCW Spin direction. It's my opinion that you should not use any form of grease to lube this type of bearing........but I could be wrong. My Series 17 is running on a wash/clean up of WD-40 and a final relube of Slick 50 - 1 Lube completed November 2009 for DC/UC unbalance errors. The machine is used several times a month. Next time I go into Service Mode I will pull the current cycle count.

If you don't mind can you let me know what the cost was for your Outer Tub rebuild. I keep mention $ like $60 if you have no problems...i.e. Clutch Pulley replacement or you snap off a Spinner Bolt as I did. I don't want to mislead folks. I had the Tub Seal and Tranny O-Ring from a very cheap new Spinner Support/Tranny buy.

Bottom line it's not $400+ for a Outer Tub buy that another forum group jumped all over me on. As I said in that forum what sense does a Outer Tub purchase make when you can punch the bearings and pop in new.

Let us know how your rebuild goes.

Shout back if I can help and please buy what parts you can thru this site to help support the repair forum&#8230;&#8230;..Dick
mitchellb  
#68 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 4:40:33 PM(UTC)
mitchellb

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Dick,[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']“”[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I wanted to let you know that I heated the Outer Tub Bearings with a heat gun and they came out easy with less impact I believe. Even a hair drier will help. I thought you might like to know. The Tub Seal was somewhat of a problem until I just grabbed it with a large Channel Lock Pliers, popped right off. [/FONT][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']“”[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Also I must say that this would not have undertaken this task if it weren't for your concise postings and constant help in all, enabling me to have the confidence that it would turn out successful. Again, many thanks[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']MItchellb[/FONT]
dh1200s  
#69 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 7:48:02 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

Mitch,

I use my word processor to paste in my responses and always hit the preview button. You can edit out all the format stuff on your response when time permits. I felt your comments on bearing removal will help others.

Great work and I feel you will get 5 more years out of your Outer Tub rebuild. There may be other issues but this IMOH is the most difficult of all issues to get thru&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;Dick
dr057  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:57:04 AM(UTC)
dr057

Hello,

I have a 7 yr old Neptune FAV6800AWW, serial # starts with a 10 and it sounds like a jet taking off during the spin cycle and after reading some posts in this forum, it apparently needs the outer tub bearings replaced. I have a few questions:

1) Along with the two bearings I need (6207-2RS Bearing 35x72x17 Sealed), will this seal kit work (Seal KIT Washers for Maytag Kenmore Whirlpool 12002022) or do I NOT need all these extra parts and just need to order the tub seal and o ring?

2) What type of grease works best for the outer tub bearing shaft, could I use water proof lithium as previously mentioned in the post of would wheel bearing grease or slick50 lube work better for this?

Thanks, Dino