Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<910111213>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#101 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:41:58 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr.B12 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Gene,

It's me again. It's been while since my last post but I took your advice and returned the control board and ordered another one (part AP3595759 (8302319). I got the new part and installed it over the weekend and I'm still getting the same E1 F5 error code. I'm running out of options here and I don't really want to buy new unit or pay an arm and a leg for someone else to fix it. Any thoughts on what I should try next? As always, your advice is greatly appreciated it. Thanks.

Why you did not order and replace the control panel together with the control board?

Also the problem can be a bad sister board which operates with the door latch.

- The sister board Part number: AP3598617
Part number: AP3598617

Gene.
jendbli  
#102 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 12:55:54 PM(UTC)
jendbli

Groups: Registered

Hi! My oven has had a mind of it's own for quite some time now- working sporadically off and on- anytime it would power on, I would get an E6 F2 error code- The display has been dark for a few weeks now with a rare beep now and again..... I unplugged the ribbon and I am now waiting, the panel is still dark and I got 1 random set of beeps after I powered it back on..... Do I start with the control board or panel???
Gene  
#103 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 3:28:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: jendbli Go to Quoted Post
Hi! My oven has had a mind of it's own for quite some time now- working sporadically off and on- anytime it would power on, I would get an E6 F2 error code- The display has been dark for a few weeks now with a rare beep now and again..... I unplugged the ribbon and I am now waiting, the panel is still dark and I got 1 random set of beeps after I powered it back on..... Do I start with the control board or panel???

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-f2-code.html#post260455

Gene.
Tool1967  
#104 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2010 7:45:28 AM(UTC)
Tool1967

I am also suffering from the E6 F2 error code with a Whirlpool RDB245PDQ14. I have replaced the control board and control panel. My resulting error was E1 F5. So I replaced the latch and also the sister board. I still have E1 F5 error code. I've checked continuity on the connections from latch to board. Any other suggestions - very frustrated.

My situation resembles Mr.B12's - How was your problem solved?

Thanks much...
Denise in MN  
#105 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:56:28 PM(UTC)
Denise in MN

Hi Jen,
Mine oven did the exact same thing. The senior tech on here, Gene, really helped me out. He said it was either the control panel or the control board. When I called about the parts, the Appliance store I called said that because the parts are "electronic" they are NOT returnable. I decided to go with the control "board" first since the screen was blank (black and nothing could be seen). When I touched the pad (panel) it would beep and the oven light would go on so I felt that the panel was working (I was able to communicate with the panel) however, with the blank screen, the communication was not be sent to the oven. I chose to replace the control "board" first and it has worked great for 2 weeks now. I have to give much credit to Gene from this site for his excellent guidence and explaining the difference between control board and control panel to me. Good luck on fixing your oven. Denise in MN
Denise in MN  
#106 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:58:49 PM(UTC)
Denise in MN

Me again...
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was talking about the E6 F2 code. I was having the exact problem that most people on here have been experiencing in regards to the E6 F2 code. Denise in MN
FC7aarcuda  
#107 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 6:23:13 AM(UTC)
FC7aarcuda

Model Number: KEBS207DBT8 Brand: Kitchen Aid Age: 5 - 10 years

Like so many others, my Kitchen Aid oven stopped working after using the self clean. It was totally dead. After reading the forums, I ordered a new control board(4453661). After installing the new control board, the oven turned on but there was a "Close Door" message and the oven would not heat. I figured out that the door switch (#4452312)was pulled out of its holder. I put the switch back in place and the oven then worked fine and heated up to 350 degrees.

A week later, I went to use the oven. The display turns on, the blower turns on, but the oven does not heat up. Same problem with the upper oven, lower oven and broiler. The oven light does not turn on when the upper or lower doors are opened, but does turn on if I press the "Oven Light" button.

Any idea why the oven won't heat up now? Thanks.
Gene  
#108 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 12:10:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: FC7aarcuda Go to Quoted Post

Like so many others, my Kitchen Aid oven stopped working after using the self clean. It was totally dead. After reading the forums, I ordered a new control board(4453661). After installing the new control board, the oven turned on but there was a "Close Door" message and the oven would not heat. I figured out that the door switch (#4452312)was pulled out of its holder. I put the switch back in place and the oven then worked fine and heated up to 350 degrees.

A week later, I went to use the oven. The display turns on, the blower turns on, but the oven does not heat up. Same problem with the upper oven, lower oven and broiler. The oven light does not turn on when the upper or lower doors are opened, but does turn on if I press the "Oven Light" button.

Check the both ovens Thermal Shutdown fuses and door switches as described in the Tech sheet (page 6) and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KEBS207DBT8 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
rdimicco@rochester.rr.com  
#109 Posted : Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:38:12 PM(UTC)
rdimicco@rochester.rr.com

I have a Whirlpool dbl oven (model RBD275PDT14, serial # XP4001146) experiencing the same error code E6 F2 and followed the process to determine if it's the control board or panel. I got the error again, so I ordered a new control board which arrived today. Everything went together perfectly except the ribbon connection from the panel to the board. The connectors are different and don't fit. I talked with customer service to confirm the right part was shipped (p/n 8302319 rev d).

Any suggestions? Is there an adapter?
FC7aarcuda  
#110 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 1:44:38 PM(UTC)
FC7aarcuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC7aarcuda UserPostedImage

Check the both ovens Thermal Shutdown fuses and door switches as described in the Tech sheet (page 6) and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KEBS207DBT8 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Gene.

I tested the Thermal fuses and the door switches this weekend and they appear to be OK. The Thermal fuses test as a closed circuit and the door swithches open and close consistent with the tech sheet.

There are no error codes, everything on both ovens apprears to be working (oven blowers turn on, convection motor turns on, etc) but there is no heat. The oven did heat up once after I installed the new control board but nothing since that first use. The only other issue I noticed is that the oven light does not come on when either oven doors are opened. The light will come on if I press the Oven Light button?

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks