Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:04:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Flexdmc Go to Quoted Post
...A few days back my display went out...
I don't know if it's the control board or control panel.
PN AP3595759 is the control board
PN AP3131916 is the control panel...Also the control board has what appears to be a heated up resistor as evident by a blackish halo around D73 & R188 towards the top...

...I also, like another poster, don't have a separate breaker for this damn oven and it's a newer house built 5 years ago...Not trying to kill myself with 220 volts!

More likely the problem is a bad control board because a bad control panel can not cause the blank display and an overheated resistor is pretty solid evidence.

The control board Part number: AP3595759
Part number: AP3595759

you posted is correct.

You are absolutely right - the safety is first! The issue with the circuit breakers is very serious and must be solved. Before you call the builder make sure there is no a sub panel with a few additional breakers.

Gene.
P.S. Thank you. My Memorial Day was great!
Flexdmc  
#82 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:09:00 PM(UTC)
Flexdmc

Groups: Registered

Gene,
Spot on! Control board was the culprit. I also found that the breaker was outside. The sub panel in the house is also on the breaker so I panicked for no real reason. Never even checked outside. Thanks for the tip.

Now the one part I couldn't really figure out was to set the oven size. The instructions inside the oven paperwork wanted me to press around 10 buttons at the same time... I felt like an octopus and it said I had to do it within 60 seconds of powering up.

Needless to say I didn't get it done in time however I pressed lower oven off and upper oven for a few seconds and it was already set to 30 so I was ok. Don't know what I would have done if it wasn't set properly...

Thanks again
Gene  
#83 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 10:55:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix the oven and find the right circuit breaker.

Gene.
Mr.B12  
#84 Posted : Monday, July 5, 2010 2:32:38 PM(UTC)
Mr.B12

Hi Gene,

First off I would like to thank you so much for all the great and valuable help you give us. I am hoping dearly that you can assist with my issue as I am not sure how to proceed. I have a Whirlpool double oven model RBD245:

1. Started beeping and displayed a E6 F2 error code. I dis-assembled the unit to make sure the connections were clean and free of any corrosion. After further research I concluded that the control board needed to be replaced.

2. Purchased new control board part AP3595759 (8302319). I made note of all connections and carefully reconnected everything in place.

3. After applying power back to the unit the clock came back on. While adjusting the time I got another error code "F5".

4. Research mentioned that this error code has something to do with the locking mechanism associated with self clean mode, in other words, the motor that locks the door.

5. After re-checking every connection I decided to buy the door latch motor unit, part no: W10195934.

After installing the part I am still getting that error! F5! :( Not sure what else to do from here Gene. I have tried re-setting the unit by holding the off key but does not solve the issue. Is there something else that could be causing this? I do appreciate your time and dedication. Thank you.
Gene  
#85 Posted : Monday, July 5, 2010 6:42:48 PM(UTC)
Gene

Thank you for your good words.

The model number you posted is incomplete. Verify and repost it, please.

Gene.
Mr.B12  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, July 7, 2010 9:10:54 AM(UTC)
Mr.B12

Hi Gene,

The model number for the oven is RBD245PDQ14. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!
Gene  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, July 7, 2010 1:34:51 PM(UTC)
Gene

Possible the new control board is defective. It can be exchanged under the part warranty.

Quote:
...Started beeping and displayed a E6 F2 error code. I dis-assembled the unit to make sure the connections were clean and free of any corrosion. After further research I concluded that the control board needed to be replaced...

Can you be more specific?

Gene.
Mr.B12  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, July 7, 2010 5:59:35 PM(UTC)
Mr.B12

Hi Gene,

I was affraid that I might be a deffective control board but how can I bbe sure? The problem surfaced when I head a beeping sound coming form the oven that I had never heard before. I came to see what it was and on the display was E6 F2. I did some research on the web and mostly here on this site and everything pointed to the control board. After a couple days the error code on the display began to dim and the beeping was gone.

After installing the new control board the first display was the clock showing 12:00 brightly lit and soon afterwards the F5 error code. The code goes away after I press any button but will come back on after a couple of seconds. I have turned off the breaker to the oven to see if it clears out the errror code that way but I'm not too confident that will do any help. Man this is frustrating, like the saying goes, you don't know what you got til you lose it. And boy are we missing our oven. Again, I appreciate you time and effort to offer any help. Thanks.
Gene  
#89 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2010 1:59:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

If you purchased the control board from Appliance Parts Pros, you do not have to prove anything. Just talk to their team and they will instruct you what and how to do.

Most common cause of this error code (F2-E6) is a bad control panel (key pad) and this is what is recommended by Whirlpool in the Tech sheet. That's why I've been interesting what had pointed you to the control board replacement.

In such situation I would order the new control panel together with the exchanged control board and install the new control panel and the original control board. If you dealing with Appliance Parts Pros, you can return any part with no questions asked due to their very friendly return policy.

Post the results and we will go from there.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBD245PDQ14 24" Built - in Electric Double Oven Std - Clean Lower Self - Clean Upper | AppliancePartsPros.com
bigdog611  
#90 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:13:00 PM(UTC)
bigdog611

Gene,

you are the man! I followed your posts and was able to repair my whirlpool double oven. I also had a double whammy with my dryer. You guys are the best! I am a devotee and order my parts through your site. when I fixed my dryer I made a video on youtube called "Fixin my kenmore dryer" under the name of "thebigdog611". My 9 year old son posted a comment and said I had too much time on my hands.

Again, thank you!