Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#61 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 1:03:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Quote:
...The "weird" thing about our oven is it is hard wired to the house and doesnt go through a breaker box...

I never seen or heard about such things. I do not know how it can be done technically. If it's right, that means the oven circuit somehow bypassed the house electric meter. I would do nothing with the oven troubleshooting and repair until it's fixed by a certified electrician. This is a serious safety issue.

Gene.
mthacker  
#62 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:17:28 PM(UTC)
mthacker

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Try to use the instructions from the following Service manual.

Gene.

Appreciate you providing the link to that manual. Ended up that this particular model GBD307PRS01 requires partial removal of the oven from the wall cabinet to expose two screws on either side of the control board housing. Once those 4 screws are removed, the entire control board comes out. I learned this after trying to lift the control panel up and out, which broke the plastic housing around the control panel. Not a big deal since I was able to purchase a replacement housing from this site. After getting the control board pulled out, was able to replace it with no issues at all and everything works great. Thanks a TON for the advice you post out here. You help many folks out.
mthacker  
#63 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 2:21:21 PM(UTC)
mthacker

Originally Posted by: mthacker Go to Quoted Post
Thanks in advance for those that post their experiences and the experts (Gene in particular) who post great advice.

Same experience as many others in this thread. 3 yr old Whirlpool oven GBD307PRS01 (Stainless) with the E6 F2 error code and symptoms many others describe.

My model: Control panel parts replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GBD307PRS01 30" Built - in Electric Double Oven Convection - Upper Self - Clean (gold Line) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Can someone clarify how to remove the control panel to begin the diagnostics? Here are the steps I have gathered from this thread and others:

1. Remove the screw holding the each side trim. (DONE)
2. Remove both side trims by pulling them from the bottom toward yourself and down to release from the control panel tabs. (DONE)
3. Remove the screw on each side of the control panel. (No side screws, only four screws along bottom of control panel in the vented area, which I removed)
4. Pull the bottom of the control panel toward yourself and upward to release it from the side tabs. (Nervous about this step, doesn’t budge and I’m not clear on the location of the side tabs)

Any thoughts out there? Thanks everyone.

When removing the GBD307PRS01 model's control board, note that you need to do the following:

Between steps 2 and 3 above: Remove the screws holding the oven in the wall cabinet and slide the oven out of the wall cabinet a couple inches. This will expose two screws on either side of the control panel at the top of the oven.
Gene  
#64 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:46:29 AM(UTC)
Gene

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your repair with us. Your posts are very helpful and informative. Good luck with your oven.

Gene.
RH2010  
#65 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2010 12:32:24 PM(UTC)
RH2010

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Looks like the transformer is good.

Do not plug the transformer back into the board.

Power up the oven and check if there is 120VAC between the terminals P16-5 and P16-7 (where the red transformer wires go).

If there is no 120VAC then the control board has to be replaced but there is a chance the control panel is bad too (according to the error code you posted).

- The part number for the control board is AP3767567

In order to provide the right part number for the control panel I need the color of it.

Gene.

I am having a similar problem, but my display is completely blank. When I try to turn the oven on I get 1 short beeb followed by one long beep and then three short beeps.

I tried the procedure outlined above...looks like the transformer is OK but I am only getting about 60 VAC across the two pins the red wires are connected to.

I assume this indicates the control board is not functioning properly, is it likely that if I replace that then it will solve the problem?

Thanks,

RH
Gene  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:01:02 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: RH2010 Go to Quoted Post
I am having a similar problem, but my display is completely blank. When I try to turn the oven on I get 1 short beeb followed by one long beep and then three short beeps.

I tried the procedure outlined above...looks like the transformer is OK but I am only getting about 60 VAC across the two pins the red wires are connected to.

I assume this indicates the control board is not functioning properly, is it likely that if I replace that then it will solve the problem?

Thanks,

RH

Sorry for the delay.

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.
thoffland  
#67 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2010 6:20:14 PM(UTC)
thoffland

Ok, I feel kind of dumb. I have a GBD307PRS01 and was getting the E6 F2 codes also, for a while it came back and worked after leaving the breaker off for a bit, I left the breaker off for about 30 minutes yesterday but still have the same problem with the beeping (1 short, 1 long, 3 short) though the oven light turns on. Sounds like I need a new control board?

I was going to try to access the board but can't seem to get to it. I removed the 4 screws, 2 on either side of both doors, but they don't come off as it seems they're held in by the bottom and top pieces. I was going to try to take the doors off, (screws blocked by them) but cant figure it out. I realize that I'll probably have to slide the oven out of the cabinet as was mentioned in another post, but without getting these sides off, I cant even touch the screws.

If you could tell me how to get this off and access the board, and what part number I can order through this site I would appreciate it.
Gene  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:19:21 AM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: thoffland Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I feel kind of dumb. I have a GBD307PRS01 and was getting the E6 F2 codes also, for a while it came back and worked after leaving the breaker off for a bit, I left the breaker off for about 30 minutes yesterday but still have the same problem with the beeping (1 short, 1 long, 3 short) though the oven light turns on. Sounds like I need a new control board?

I was going to try to access the board but can't seem to get to it. I removed the 4 screws, 2 on either side of both doors, but they don't come off as it seems they're held in by the bottom and top pieces. I was going to try to take the doors off, (screws blocked by them) but cant figure it out. I realize that I'll probably have to slide the oven out of the cabinet as was mentioned in another post, but without getting these sides off, I cant even touch the screws.

If you could tell me how to get this off and access the board, and what part number I can order through this site I would appreciate it.

You do not have to remove doors or any screws on or at the doors. You do have to open the lower oven door and remove the screw holding the each side trim. Then follow the instructions posted by mthacker on 02-08-2010 in this thread.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GBD307PRS01 30" Built - in Electric Double Oven Convection - Upper Self - Clean (gold Line) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
thoffland  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:39:49 AM(UTC)
thoffland

Thanks Gene, I did see that thread but the side panels weren't coming off... I'll go back and try again and let you know what happens.

I'll also go through the steps you mentioned earlier in the thread to test the control board.
thoffland  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:57:09 PM(UTC)
thoffland

Ok, I was able to remove the side panels and got to the control panel. I removed the panel and turned the breakers back on, it's been sitting for 2 hours and no lights on the board. I guess I need a new control board.

The site says they are out of stock, is this something you recieve regularly? Or should I look elsewhere for the part I need? If I should go somewhere else, where would you recommend?

This looks to be the right part
Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Electronic control, part number: AP3873768

Thanks again for your help.