Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbgarlikov  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 5:45:48 PM(UTC)
dbgarlikov

Groups: Registered

Making my smoothie tonight the rubber coupler melted. :mad: Following the directions here, I had the piece removed in less than two minutes. Now, I'm ordering a new coupler and looking forward to getting back to my smoothies. Thanks! :)
barben0208  
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:37:46 AM(UTC)
barben0208

I almost quit the repair thinking that I needed thin wrench to hold the shaft. It took about 12 bites with the screwdriver to pry the old coupler off, leaving the soft metal threads in the hard metal threads of the shaft. The screwdriver fulcrum is on the hard metal of the motor so the plastic of the case isn't damaged. Weird way to start a repair, but it works.
PSDerick  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:39:23 AM(UTC)
PSDerick

It took more struggling than the initial directions implied, but it did eventually work, so stick with it! For me, just the screwdriver wasn't enough, I needed to hold the shaft with needle nose pliers and used vice grips on the coupler. The coupler was pretty mangled by the end, but the shaft was fine.
Stepup  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:02:03 AM(UTC)
Stepup

I have the KSB5WW3 model and parts suppliers are posting parts availability for the KSB5WW4 are they interchangable?

Thanks!!!
Adam / APP Team  
#15 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:11:37 AM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Originally Posted by: Stepup Go to Quoted Post
I have the KSB5WW3 model and parts suppliers are posting parts availability for the KSB5WW4 are they interchangable?

Thanks!!!

Stepup,

Some of the parts are the same. I will help you out in getting the correct part. What part are you looking for?
tjndesigns  
#16 Posted : Monday, June 28, 2010 6:10:41 PM(UTC)
tjndesigns

I wasn't able to remove it using the instructions posted (i.e. prying up the adapter with the screwdriver while turning). Maybe I just don't have the finese. There are flats on the shaft under the nut that you can hold on to. I cut a 7mm slot in a thin piece of metal and and held it from turning with that. Could also be done by sacrificing a 7mm open-end wrench and grinding it down if necessary.
RockyLaddo  
#17 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2010 10:15:35 AM(UTC)
RockyLaddo

I tried to unscrew the coupler and had difficulty. I followed the approach of destroying the soft metal piece and it took a few minutes.
janetb  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:45:40 AM(UTC)
janetb

Originally Posted by: btmathe Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all the info. I just changed mine. In addition to the screwdriver to lift up on the old coupler, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the shaft while turning it clockwise.

Trying to remove this coupler now, but need to use it a few days while the part comes in. Is this part simply a rubber cover for the flat spinner device, or does the whole spinner (rubber plus metal) detach?

Thanks.
Admin / APP Team  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:48:46 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Rick Smith  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:22:37 AM(UTC)
Rick Smith

It seems easy enough to replace the coupling on the other blenders. How do you replace the coupling on this model???
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply