Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin / APP Team  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:38:02 AM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
UPDATE: We have made a step by step video on how to replace this KitchenAid blender coupling. See the clip below.

Replacing a blender coupling on a Kitchen Aid blender is easier than it seems. See complete instructions in the attached file below (4 easy steps with photos).

If you need a replacement coupling, we have it here:
Original Whirlpool / Kitchen Aid made - Part number: AP2930430
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jbarker  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2008 5:38:03 AM(UTC)
jbarker

I have the subject blender, the rubber coupling drive is breaking and needs replacing. Does anyone know if it just pops off with some lever action or there is another mechanism for removing/reinstalling it? Model is KSB5.
thanks
jbarker  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:31:03 PM(UTC)
jbarker

Love the machine when it works, but this is the second that's gone bad. First I sent back while it was under warranty. Thanks a bunch for your help.
mrsanky  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:12:39 AM(UTC)
mrsanky

I have had my blender for about 7 years and it just went bad! At least it's a cheap replacement! Hope this helps ya!:)
Liguori  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 1, 2009 5:53:39 AM(UTC)
Liguori

Originally Posted by: jbarker Go to Quoted Post
I have the subject blender, the rubber coupling drive is breaking and needs replacing. Does anyone know if it just pops off with some lever action or there is another mechanism for removing/reinstalling it? Model is KSB5.
thanks

Instruction Sheet for KitchenAid Blender Coupling Drive Installation

1) Unplug Blender
2) With blender facing you, insert flat blade screwdriver (3/8 to 7/16 inch) between the black coupling drive and the blender housing.
3) Raise up on the screwdriver to turn the coupling drive clockwise (it is a left hand thread so the coupler keeps tight during use). Keep making ¼ turns until the coupling drive comes off. Do not worry about bending the old coupling drive. You are going to throw it away.
4) There is a flat spot on the blender shaft and construction of a flat tool is possible, but not necessary.
5) Check the threads on the blender shaft and clean the old metal shavings from the threads. Hand tighten the new coupling drive. It will be kept tight during normal use due to the left hand thread design and the clockwise spinning of the blades.
nillissen  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:14:55 AM(UTC)
nillissen

Please advise on the removal and install of the coupling drive before I go at it with improper tools due to impatience.I am ordering the part now.
Thank you.
Rich Hughesbutton  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2009 8:46:30 AM(UTC)
Rich Hughesbutton

Hi, Ihave the same problem.............. I understand that the coupling has reverse threads. How the heck do you replace it?????
senile  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2009 2:44:40 AM(UTC)
senile

I found this to be a quick and easy repair. Use a thin 9/32" ignition wrench that fits under the broken coupler and onto the shaft. Then place a channel lock plier on the broken coupler. While holding the wrench in place, twist the coupler CLOCKWISE (reverse threads). The coupler will quickly unscrew. Put the new one on and tighten it counter clockwise. Use of the blender will tighten it more.
The Whirlpool part is Part number: AP2930430
Part number: AP2930430
El Bee  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:58:53 PM(UTC)
El Bee

This way really works! The metal on the coupler is super soft and weak so when you bend it off with the screw driver the threads oh the blender's housing aren't damaged at all. Super easy, and super quick, it only took me about 5 minutes. If you can save a $150 blender do it. Times are hard
btmathe  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:04:08 PM(UTC)
btmathe

Thanks for all the info. I just changed mine. In addition to the screwdriver to lift up on the old coupler, I used a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the shaft while turning it clockwise.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply