Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rick Smith  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:27:44 AM(UTC)
Rick Smith

Groups: Registered

It seems easy enough to replace couplings on other models. HOW do you replace coupling on model # KSB560
katwebb  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 4:58:11 PM(UTC)
katwebb

;)
Originally Posted by: tjndesigns Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't able to remove it using the instructions posted (i.e. prying up the adapter with the screwdriver while turning). Maybe I just don't have the finese. There are flats on the shaft under the nut that you can hold on to. I cut a 7mm slot in a thin piece of metal and and held it from turning with that. Could also be done by sacrificing a 7mm open-end wrench and grinding it down if necessary.

Don't even try the pry off method to remove the old coupler because there is a major risk that you will damage or scratch the blender housing. I used two thin metal slats to hold the flats on the shaft - keep in mind the coupler is reverse threaded - and it came right off. The whole repair took less than 10 minutes. Appliance Parts Pros rocks!
curlyqlink  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 4:22:39 PM(UTC)
curlyqlink

Originally Posted by: Rick Smith Go to Quoted Post
It seems easy enough to replace couplings on other models. HOW do you replace coupling on model # KSB560

I have the same issue - how do you replace the coupling on the KBS560MC0 model? It's a different type of coupling - female to male.
susanpetrene  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:19:43 AM(UTC)
susanpetrene

I am not a repair-gifted person. But I was damned if I was going to shell out $$$ for a new blender when a $13 repair was possible. After reading the PDF instructions, I was able to remove the coupling! I just used patience and a strong flat head screw driver. With multiple "lifts" using the screwdriver (and I also put a towel underneath it so as not to dent the plastic on the blender base) I finally got it off. Below was a beautiful threaded shaft. If I can do it, you can too!! :)
jpl6332  
#25 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 5:31:03 PM(UTC)
jpl6332

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
jpl6332  
#26 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 5:31:37 PM(UTC)
jpl6332

I got it off now I hope I can get it on when the new one arrives
katycal  
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:16:41 AM(UTC)
katycal

Originally Posted by: Adam / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Stepup,

Some of the parts are the same. I will help you out in getting the correct part. What part are you looking for?

I have the same issue. Can I order the coupling for the ksb5ww4 to fix my ksb5ww3 ? thanks-katycal
powertool  
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2011 9:16:50 PM(UTC)
powertool

Originally Posted by: Liguori Go to Quoted Post
Instruction Sheet for KitchenAid Blender Coupling Drive Installation

1) Unplug Blender
2) With blender facing you, insert flat blade screwdriver (3/8 to 7/16 inch) between the black coupling drive and the blender housing.
3) Raise up on the screwdriver to turn the coupling drive clockwise (it is a left hand thread so the coupler keeps tight during use). Keep making ¼ turns until the coupling drive comes off. Do not worry about bending the old coupling drive. You are going to throw it away.
4) There is a flat spot on the blender shaft and construction of a flat tool is possible, but not necessary.
5) Check the threads on the blender shaft and clean the old metal shavings from the threads. Hand tighten the new coupling drive. It will be kept tight during normal use due to the left hand thread design and the clockwise spinning of the blades.

Thanks Liguori
The Flat spot was deceiving to me, it implied a pressed on part so I thought I had a "unique" issue that nobody had seen. The flat spot is now obviously an area for locking the shaft with some special tool (I did not use such a tool). I did EXACTLY as you prescribed a large flat head forcing the metal disk (the remnants of the drive coupling) CLOCKWISE and upward in small increments, maybe 8 times, and voila, cleaned the threads with an xacto knife and I am in business...THANKS!!!
makman  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:36:36 PM(UTC)
makman

Originally Posted by: curlyqlink Go to Quoted Post
I have the same issue - how do you replace the coupling on the KBS560MC0 model? It's a different type of coupling - female to male.

Same Question Here! Help!!
carrieswan24  
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:51:52 PM(UTC)
carrieswan24

Originally Posted by: makman Go to Quoted Post
Same Question Here! Help!!

We finally figured out how to change the coupling on the Model ksb580cr0 model!

1. Remove the bottom of the blender by taking off the feet cushions and loosening the screws.
2. There is a long cylindrical piece of metal that runs all the way through the motor and sticks out a little in the middle of the fan. While using vise grips to hold the current coupling in place, use a flat headed screw driver to turn the metal piece to the right (if you're looking at the bottom of the blender).
3. This should release the coupling. Then unscrew the coupling to remove it.
4. Screw the new coupling in and put the bottom the blender back on.

Hope that helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply